Tuesday, August 24, 2004

another day, more yogurt

You'd never think that yogurt could create such fuss in our household. I think it's over now, luckily. No more arguing over soured milk. But heavens to Murgatroid! Such a fuss!


Anyway, I thought I'd post a picture of the bamboo that she who rocks gave me.

parroty bamboo!
Isn't it right purty? I added one skein that I had, and I think I might actually have one more. I'm thinking of making a long, open duster-style jacket that goes all the way down to my ankles with this.


Here's my update so far on Zillah, the sleeveless top from Simply Noro, made in Cash Iroha and Silk Garden.

zillah
Here's a closeup showing a truer representation of the colors:
zillah
Can you tell I am going to have way too much yarn leftover? Do designers do this so as not to piss off people who knit too loosely? I'd think if you knit loosely and you know it you need to learn to buy extra yarn. I am so sick of having two or more extra balls/hanks/skeins of yarns leftover after a project. The leftover Noro on this one project will have cost me $30. And the yarn only cost $50 total!


One last picture: the knitted Elvis wig.

elvis
Made in time to see Kingsized for the Elvis' Death Day show. It looks terrible on me, but looked great on the poor sucker great sport who wore it at the show.

Glove count for my brother's girlfriend's upcoming fashion show: 1/2
Gloves I will work on tonight: 0
Future delays to gloves: pudding, mother's birthday

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

At my house, I'm the only one that eats yogurt, so it doesn't start any fights. We have other things for that! (hee hee) Love the wig.

8:26 PM  
Blogger alison said...

The Noro top is so beautiful! I love that design. These new Noro books are really good, aren't they?! And the Elvis wig is toooo funny.

Great projects! :)

8:08 AM  
Blogger Lioness said...

And now you have me jealous because i do wish I could create things like those. (plus i like your hair and pants.) They look amazing! I knew there had to be a reason for my fascination with your fascination.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home