Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Esther Williams

Soooo aggrevating, I created a post and then whammo! Our network goes down. The post disappears. Let's try this again.

Am I the only one who likes Esther Williams? Her movies are great for knitting! I fell into them through Gene Kelly. The first one I saw was Take Me Out to the Ballgame when I was in my summer of "Let's Watch Everything Made By Gene Kelly and/or Frank Sinatra" (I believe it was the summer of 1987, and I was 13 years old). Then I became obsessed with Van Johnson and that was the end of that.

Last night we were discussing starting a Movie Night at Dunwoody Yarn--isn't that a great idea?!? I'll post more as soon as I get details--and I mentioned Esther and one woman nodded that she liked her. Then I went home and turned on the first second of Olympic coverage I have watched since the opening ceremonies to see the equestrian events on Bravo (an event in which I once competed, albeit not on the Olympic level) and they were intermingling coverage with women's synchronized swimming, and it all started up again. And Esther sells bathing suits at her website! How much does that rock?

Then I watched a dreadful Dan Dailey movie, The Girl Next Door. Blech. What was Dan thinking? And why was there a cartoon about Noah's Ark at the end of the movie? And the songs weren't even good. Very disappointing. Any recommendations for good movies to watch while knitting?

On the knitting front (literally), the front of Zillah should be finished by tonight.

I finally got around to changing the blog template colors. I would have done it before but I was, well, lazy. (Laziness is also the reason I never started a blog before now, and the reason I am not hosting one on my own web server running Linux using Moveable Type.) If my two loyal readers want to comment, feel free. I am always open to hate mail on my web design. I've gotten enough of it over the years.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rabbitch said...

I guess I'm reader #2 - hee! And I design webstuff even worse than I keep house. And even more poorly than I construct sentences, it would seem. Yours looks just perfectly spiffy to me.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

I adore Gene Kelly. He passed away when I was in college, and I had a friend who was afraid to tell me (though I handled myself with class, it did ruin my month...)

5:21 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Old movies are my prime entertainment. If the tv isn't on TCM or Fox Movie Channel, it's a rarity. Knittin' to the oldies, that's me!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Van Johnson! Woohoo! I love his movies with Esther, but usually the ones that involve less water than her normal.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home