Wednesday, April 25, 2007

reach out your hand if your cup be empty if your cup be full may it be again

I've been strongly inspired of late by the amazing ripple afghan here, and decided to go for it (with consultation from my yarn mistress Jess) with Mission Falls 1824 Wool, because all of the colors go together in a weird and wonderful way.
I found a link somewhere to a random stripe generator and came up with a look I rather like as inspiration. Then we poked around the Google to find a ripple stitch pattern we liked, and came up with this one. But my meager attempt to increase the number of stitches from 100 to 160 ended poorly.
And now it's frogged and I have to start again. So, poll time.


E2A:
Sorry, Linda, it wasn't Bruce Springsteen quoted in the last post/non-post title. It was Cher. I never claimed not to have eclectic taste in music.

8 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Your colors look good. I have YET to even start mine. Hmm, hopefully this weekend? LOL

6:22 AM  
Blogger Mouse said...

I love the stripe generator colors.. can't wait to see it in progress. I always hate the first 2 or more rows of crochet because that's where I screw it up big time by crochetting into the wrong chain stitch or something equally stupid. Good luck!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I love the idea of the poll. I freely admit to being the one person who voted that "crochet sucks," but only because I haven't managed to get the hang of it yet.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so cruel of you to give me yet another reason to buy a lot of yarn.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don;t knit or crochet, but crochet rocks my ass of, and although I wouldn;t buy much knitted wear, crochet gets my jack every time.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Elabeth said...

Have you seen the Ripple Along?
http://neisripplealong.blogspot.com/

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep trying to like crochet!!!

I like Cher too half breed is my favorite song.

Linda
PS
My kids think it is funny how wrong I get the words to songs.
ie. " I love it when you call me
BIG POCKETBOOK"

12:04 PM  
Blogger Karida said...

you are an evil crochet blanket temptress and i hate you for making me want to start more projects

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home