Sunday, April 15, 2007

un dias bien el otro negro

Don't you hate it when you have a BIG! and LIFE-ALTERING! decision to make and you don't know what the answer is but you know you don't want to face ANY of the choices you have before you and it would be soooo much easier to hole up and hide in bed and just let the world go on around you for awhile?

Yeah. That's me right now. Just when I thought I'd do that, too, well...I found out something even suckier today about someone I loved and respected and it's been really hard to process this information. Or to even reconcile the actions with the person I knew.

So let me give a shout-out, yo, to Zardra who sent me a care package filled with candy and cookies last week. Because I need them, seriously. And she sent me one months ago which I shamefully didn't post about. A crocheted wallet that I use all the time and hand-dyed sock yarn that is way too pretty to use and a black sheep and other goodies.

I need that care package right now. I really appreciate it. I'm like that character in Lil' Abner with the black cloud over his head.

But I have been (rather painfully) knitting a pair of worsted-weight socks out of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Purple Club. It's slow going but I've done the heel already and will be done soon with the first one in all of its glorious purplosity.

ETA: Joe Btfsplk. I have no idea why I know that at the age of 32. I am a fount of 1930s and 1940s pop culture references.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

So, here's a random hug (if you're into that sort of thing) and a sympathetic ear and whatever else you need from someone who just found your blog, so I can't be very helpful in a specific way, obviously.

But, clearly, you're worthwhile. Quite. Hang in there.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Janice in GA said...

I remember Joe Btfsplk. Of course, I'm older than dirt too.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

Gotta give it up for bunny cookies and chocolate. *grin*

Hope things start looking up soon. It's gotta to be some sort of moon phase effect or something... work's been a bitch and I've been sharing the road with people who seem to really want me to hit their cars with my car. *gah*

6:10 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hope things get better soon.
Love,
All of us :-)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home