Sunday, March 25, 2007

hear the sharpen of the pain lucky stranger pouring rain

i got hit by a car on friday morning. broken right hand, broken feet, sprained knee. i've asked Melissa to take over for awhile, if she has time, while i pretend to be Dr. House and let vicodin take me away.

Melissa Edit

I'm sure that all of you realize by now that our lovely hostess is, in fact, out of her mind. She is not taking it easy at home. She is at work. I already told her that she should go home. Everyone join me in scolding her now.

For your amusement, the text conversation we had yesterday.

itgirl:
I broke my right hand. And foot. And sprained my left foot and left hand.

Melissa:
What?!

itgirl:
Got hit by a car yesterday. Wanna guest blog for me for a few days?

Melissa:
What?!

itgirl:
Please?

Now then, raise your hand if you thought that second "What?!" had anything to do with blogging. At this point, I just called to make sure she was okay and remind her blogging should be the least of her concerns. Ok, woman, I'd better not see a single post from you for the next few days as you should be taking it easy and typing with injured wrists...stop it right now.

15 Comments:

Blogger jodi said...

Oh my gosh, hon, that's terrible. I hope that fucker's insurance keeps you well coddled in drugs for as long as it takes.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Mouse said...

holy sh*t! Somehow "get well soon" doesn't seem to cut it in this situation. I hope you sue the crap out of them... and heal quickly.

7:35 AM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

holy crap, woman! how do you break your frigging FEET?!?!?! must have been quite the assbeagle.

here's for happy healing, and much litigation

7:57 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

OH NO!!!! Take care of yourself!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap, that is crazy! I'm just hoping that in your drug-addled state, you wrote "feet" instead of "foot" becasue dude. Broken feet?? Shiiiiiiiit!

Take care of yourself and get better quick.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Good fucking god. Keep that vicodin flowing because damn! Broken "feet"...!?!?!? I can't even comprehend the awfulness of that...

Take care girl!

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so sorry to hear what happened. That completely sucks. Well, rest up and enjoy your drugs. :-)

11:52 AM  
Blogger BerkeleyBecca said...

Holy crap. I hope you're at home, being taken care of.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Karida said...

i fucking told you to fucking go to the fucking hospital and fucking file a fucking police report.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Big Alice said...

ACK, I hope you heal quickly. That sucks mightily.

1:56 PM  
Blogger meg said...

holy shit! sorry to hear that. hope the pills are at least making it bearable.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Eeek! Please take it easy and don't push it.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

Shit! You need to go home, lay down, and find someone to take care of giving you your vicodin and chocolate.

8:18 PM  
Blogger itgirl said...

I thought the second what had to do with blogging.
owowowowowow my hand hurts when i type.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

what the fuck!! Are you ok, seriously...
Did they get the person who hit you??
Drop me a line or something when you feel better.
Lvoe,
Melissa (your cousin)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home