Thursday, July 27, 2006

feed my eyes can you sew them shut

There's someone at work with whom I have to work very closely in the present and future. The working relationship began very recently (e.g., one week ago). So, aside from this person being the most unbelievably fey person I have ever met in my entire life, here's what "Faye" did during a meeting today:

Faye took a document that was mine and pulled it over to look at it. Faye then started to read it, mangling the pages of MY document. Faye proceeded to exhibit a nervous affectation (habit?) where Faye played with the edges of the paper. Eventually I noticed that....

Faye was using the edges of the paper to clean under well-manicured nails.

Leaving nail crud on the edges of the pages of MY document.

A document, mind you, I need to have for, you know, like, my JOB, and which I do not have electronically. Faye then tried to steal MY document, in a seeming utter sense of unawareness that this was MY document. I subtley took it back, because inasmuch as I would have liked to have let Faye have MY document, if Faye took MY document, I would not be able to do my JOB.

Due to the nature of my job and Faye's job, I cannot say anything about this. To anyone. So I am sharing my pain about it here.

Thank you for letting me vent. I'd like to imagine that, were I not constrained by my wanting to have a job and career and all that, you would all assist me in coming up with language or actions or procedures as to how to handle this.

BONUS OF THE DAY: Previous managers nicknamed Napoleon are currently out of work. This may or may not be related to my experiences. I am vindicated nonetheless.

7 Comments:

Blogger Zardra said...

Dude. It must have been hard to keep from smacking her upside the back of her head when you took the document back.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

How could you even concentrate during the meeting?? I would have been so absorbed in a twisted way with watching her do this that I would have lost my train of thought! Am glad you are vindicated. So what about that wine?

4:03 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Lean over, put your hand on the document, smile and very sweetly say, "Excuse me, I believe you have picked up my document by mistake," and pull it out of her icky hand. Keep smiling. Repeat as necessary.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

I'm rather impressed that you didn't whack her either. Ew. Ew. Ew.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Just killer her and hide the body.

I promise...I wont' tell.

Ann

6:04 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

ummm, assfingernail? smutpuppy? faye, you ignorant slut!

she's a twitmooser, ignore her, and take the document away. maybe you should slap her hands like a 6 year old, and raise your voice slightly, "bad girl. go to the bathroom & wash!". that will raise eyebrows

11:15 PM  
Blogger jenifleur said...

Ew. Fey Fingersmegma. I hope he gets regular manicures. Ew. Gross. Ew. Seriously, I'm grossed out. Ew. EWWWWW.

We haven't chatted in ages mostly because I live in various hospitals and funeral homes now. However, we must chat and soon. Even if it's about gross fey yucky stuff.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home