Sunday, July 30, 2006

wild man's world is cryin' in pain whatcha gonna do when everybody's insane

So my flight back to DC tonight was cancelled and those fuckers didn't even let me know until after the goddamned original flight time, thanks so much for those fancy "Delta alerts," they sure helped me save two hours of hell on MARTA getting to the fucking airport to discover that my flight was cancelled and, oh by the way, I can't get on another flight tonight, so oops, here's a voucher for breakfast in the airport tomorrow morning and we rebooked you on the 6:30 AM flight. Yeah.

So I demanded a hotel voucher and a meal voucher for dinner and they blathered on about policy for people who live in Atlanta and I cut the bitch off and said yo, it took me two hours to get here, it'll take two hours to get home, and then because my flight is so early, I'd have to wake up at 3 AM and get dressed and make The Man Who Lives in the House drive me to the airport where, because it's Monday morning, there will be a two hour security wait time, and for all of that, you'll give me a $7 meal? No thank you. I want a room in a hotel near the airport and a voucher for dinner tonight. Pretend I don't live here.

At least the Crowne Plaza has lavender sheet spray. I washed my shirt in the sink and have it drying over the high-blast A/C and hopefully it'll be dry by tomorrow, if not, I finished the ballet tee and can wear that, and I'll wear to work tomorrow the same suit I wore on Friday.

Don't tell.

And now, thanks to today's post title, I have Heart stuck in my head.

One minute later: As I was about to push "Post," there was a knock at the door and it was hotel maintenance saying there was a lightbulb out in my room. Keep in mind I'm running a bath and am naked. I said through the door there were no light bulbs out and I didn't appreciate him coming and he was all, I can't take your word for it and I said as a woman who travels alone, like, all the time, I couldn't let people in my room, I wasn't comfortable with it, and he could come back another time to see that no light bulbs needed changing. I called the front desk and they didn't know anything about it. Now I am really freaked out.

People fucking suck.

8 Comments:

Blogger Eatsruns said...

yikes, it would be so easy to fall for something like that! I would definitely notify hotel security or something because he may try it with other rooms!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

HOLY SHIT!!! THE BATHROOM BULB BANDIT was trying to attack you?

Let me know if you need me to throw myself between you and danger.

I would be totally creeped out if I were you.

Ann

9:46 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

good god, throw the deadbolt, door chain, whatever! people liek that also seem to get ahold of room keys. and they are most definitely assmonkeys to try to pass you off with the breakfast only thing. waht was their reason for cancelling your flight? not enough people flying?

10:21 PM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

That's freaky as hell. I hope you're ok.

I would have demanded a room change. You're braver than I am.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Shit! Glad you're okay! Women need to hear about the ploys going around. Did the hotel staff send someone around to look for this asshole?

6:54 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

You probably wouldn't have, but I wonder if another less-traveled woman (me?) would have let him in if she wasn't nekkid at the time?

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's damn scary. I hope security sent someone up to get him and remove him from the hotel...if not throw him in jail. *shudder*

11:38 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

How scary! How vulnerable! I wonder what the front desk did after you hung up???? Strike another sour note for our fair city.

And good for you for sticking to your guns with Delta! You rock.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home