Tuesday, May 01, 2007

all the seasons and the times of your days all the nickels and the dimes of your days

Umm. I'm feeling a bit shell-shocked and if you came here because Melissa said to, thanks. I don't really want to talk about it just yet. So let's talk about yarn, shall we?

The majority opinion the poll results indicated that I should "Figure out the correct number of stitches for the larger size, and don't fuck it up this time." So I messed around with it and a few other patterns I found and that were sent to me (thanks, Lauren!) and came up with something that seemed to work tonight while watching the utterly forgettable Hayley and Hilary Duff film, "Material Girls." Lukas Haas should be tarred and feathered for agreeing to appear in this movie. I have no pics because umm. Only three rows done.

In any event, I did make one of the Rainy Day socks from the March MagKnits (what happened to MagKnits? Does anyone know? No April edition? No notification? Will there be a new one today?) in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (yes, the actual called-for yarn).

Look, I did a gusset, even. I hate gussets.
My toe looks slightly messed up. I knit two rows shorter than suggested.
Does it look bad?

8 Comments:

Blogger Eatsruns said...

*hugs*, whatever it is. Oh how life sucks sometimes, huh? I'm not talking about certain stuff on my blog either, but I'll repeat the bit about being really ready to leave the country...

Hooray for other stuff though, like crochet ripple blankets (wonder how long I can stay off that bandwagon? at the moment I'm at the "never in a million years" stage but I was like that with Clapotis too...) and me knowing a song you quoted when someone else didn't! (gypsies, tramps and thieves, argh, it's stuck in my head!)

1:47 AM  
Blogger Mouse said...

The socks are cool- its so hard to take photos of your own feet!!
I've been digging through my craft room looking for an entire 'ripple crochet' book that my son's favorite blanket (a ripple crochet acrylic jobber older than both of us)came from. When I find it.. I'll send you the pattern.

7:51 AM  
Blogger meg said...

whatever it is, i hope it gets better.

i dig the socks. don't look bad and if they are comfortable then fuck the pattern.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm diggig the socks too. I'm very impressed by your mystical sock-making abilities, because I'm too intimidated to try knitting socks right now.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...eh, the socks look kinda shitty. maybe you should give them to jess

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the socks. I can't see anything ugly with the toe, plus, it' s a TOE, mine always look wonky, no matter what good I try to do. I just label it extra reinforcement and call it good.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa said to tell you how wonderful you really are....very....hope to see you soon...

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetie, Jen filled me in, (I hope that's ok, and if not, she said nothing, and I just guessed...yeah, that's it!)...so let me just say "HUGS" to you, you are SO worth it. I have been where you are in at least 2 of the situations in your shitstorm, so I know. And though it sounds cliche...this TOO shall pass.

On a different note, LOVE the nail polish!

Oh...and the socks. I refuse to do bitchener, so my toes are always screwed

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home