Thursday, August 04, 2005

i can breathe again (but who knows about my breath...)

Ok, everyone, I was able to find a new place in DC. I move in when I come back here at the end of August. That means I have two days to pack up everything I have in my pigsty of a room and have it ready to move on August 28th, when I return.

So, the other night, after leaving work at midnight, I went with a co-worker (The General) to ummm...get a beer. When we finally found a place (12:45 AM), we had a beer. And then another. And then the bartender asked us to try out shots. So we had a few of those, and then a couple more beers. And at 3 AM, when the bartender got off work, we went and got chocolate shakes nearby. So I got home, unbelieveably inebriated, at about 4:30 AM, and yes, I had work the next day. Somehow I was sober enough at 4:30 to realize that suddenly my new toothbrush was the only toothbrush in the toothbrush holder in the bathroom I share with one of my roommies. And it was wet. I moved it, as a test, brushed my teeth with my finger, and stumbled into bed.

And when I woke up still drunk, later that morning? Yes, the toothbrush had been moved. And it was newly wet.

Who the fuck steals someone's toothbrush?

Two nights ago, my roomie told me she had been suddenly experiencing tooth problems.

Ahhh, karma...

3 Comments:

Blogger Micky said...

Very glad to hear you found a place.
Yes karma bites just in the right places sometimes.
:)

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! =)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

First let me say that drinking with the General will get in to so much deep shit that you just should not cross that boundary. The General cannot tell the difference between friends, foes, and employees. Be Careful ! You have been warned. *deep looming voice*

Second take a camera photo of you swirling the toothbrush in the toilet and putting it back in the rack. Then use the new one you purchased at CVS. That'll teach them and we will have a good laugh at the same time. Love you !

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home