Friday, August 18, 2006

i feel so lame obsessed with the beauty contest

Erika asked me tonight what I thought about the JonBenet situation, and I responded with, "Thank goodness, I can finally sleep at night."

And this is a nice segue into the contest. "Why are you throwing a contest?" you may ask. Go ahead, ask. Out loud.

A few reasons, really.

1. I am moving next week. Yes, next week. Yes, that's a short turnaround time. No, I haven't begun to think about packing. No, I won't be in DC this weekend. Why do you ask?

2. I want to celebrate the fact that I'm moving.

3. I want to celebrate my leaving behind the insane roommate.

4. I want to celebrate saving money by my cheaper rent.

5. Sunday marks two years since I began this blog.

6. I have so much fucking yarn I don't know what to do with it.

So. This will be a one week long contest. It's a hard one.

Two weeks ago this coming Sunday, Karida and I saw (with another friend of Karida's) The Pretenders in concert. You may have figured out by now that I kinda dig music. If you haven't here's a clue: my post titles (for the past nine months or so, anyway) are song quotes. That I don't Google.

In any case, before I saw The Pretenders it had been over two years since I had seen a concert. A paid concert. That I planned on attending and got all excited about and all that.

Who did I see in concert?

Send an e-mail to thetigerwoman andthatsignabovethenumber2 gmail andaperiod com with your guess.

Rules:
You may enter as many times as you want.
Contest closes at 11:59 PM, Friday, August 25, 2006.
In the event of multiple correct guesses (hah!), there may be multiple winners. Unless there are like a hundred. Cuz that's just crazy.
In the event of no winner, I'll take the most creative guess as a winner.

Hint: I've quoted the songs on my blog, but only twice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Colette said...

I am trying to think back 2 years ago to who was touring and since I can't remember 2 days ago that wasn't much help. The first thing that popped into my head was Souixsie and the Banshees so I will got with that.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Solution for your yarn. Two magical words: Space Bags.

I recommend the "Large" size, since I am 5'1" and can carry two at a time with *relative* ease. They get super-heavy when you have a full Extra Large ones. Especially if you knit with cotton (I don't).

Also, for thriftiness, I get them at Bed, Bath and Beyond (4 for $20 vs 1 for $6- and they send out coupons every week). We fit a garage's worth of yarn into ONE cabinet in space bags and a bedroom full of yarn into less than 1/2 of a closet.

PS, we work on the same floor. Luckily, I work for a gem of a man who would kick that joker into next week had he heard/witnessed the interchange.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Karida said...

dude, you just drunk dialed me!

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home