Sunday, December 17, 2006

a cold is gonna take you and freeze away your tears

Has it ever happened, in the history of the world, that someone has knit too many presents for Christmaskwanzukkah, necessitating the continued storage of said items for an indefinite period of time?

'Cuz, I'm here to tell you, I did. Knit too much.

I know it doesn't look like it because of my lack of imageage, but that's just my sheer laziness and my having reached my free Flickrness limit and having to sync images via Bluetooth between my phone and MacBook Pro and then I lost my cell phone a week ago so I lost all of the pictures I was gonna put up. Like, my effed-ohs for the past six months or so.

But I wrapped gifts today since they have to all be mailed tomorrow and I debated whether or not to fly to the Bahamas for the holidays (seriously, I have the reservations on hold, not yet paid for, should I do it? The Man Who Lives in the House is game if I am) and realized I could take pictures with my cell-phone insurance-replacement phone.

So as not to overwhelm you, I'll show only one per post. Here's the earflap hat I made for The Man's aunt who's a total, er...umm. Well, there are no words. But I made it for her. One skank of Manos (yarn purchased at Stitch DC), my own made up pattern, with coaching from The Man ("Make the earflaps more curvy! Make the strings longer! Shift the flaps over! Add a pompon!")
Hopefully, it'll pass muster.

What am I saying? I don't give a fuck if it passes muster. What the cock is that shit? Why do I care about her? I don't. But maybe it'll cut down on the excessive vitriole towards my personage in the future.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I say you should DEFINITELY go to the Bahamas! I wish I could run away and hide on a beach somewhere for the holiday . . .

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to the Bahamas! Drink fruity drinks and drunk knit on the beach. It'll be a blast.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude...if she doesn't like the hat, I'll take it. :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Big Alice said...

mmm, fruity drinks.
I'm definitely in the pro-Bahamas camp. Because it's FUCKING FREEZING this morning.
Except it's such a sad, sad thing to have to return after Christmas. tropics -> blizzard = ugh.

2:33 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

bahamas sound good to me!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Go..Go..GO! You are my hero/heroine...let me live through you. Or some made up shit like that.

:o)

Ann

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home