Monday, August 30, 2004

Oktoberfest!

Yesterday Rabbitch posted a scanned image of the Lustige Schweitzer Swiss Yodel Party album from her personal record collection. I feel the need to counteract with a record of my own. I would have randomly chosen from my collection but this was actually the record at the top of the pile.
In case you can't read the text, that is indeed the Guckenheimer Sour Kraut Band with their quintessential album, Music for Non Thinkers. Some liner notes from the back:
On Stars and Stripes Forever--"Whose heart will not beat high at this classic approach to John Phillip Sousa's timeless music? We must all admit the inspiring tone of this great march has been enhanced by the machine-like precision of my band. Also, I like the all-too-little-known vocal in the recording, because the good German words add immeasurably to the stature of Sousa's work. I sing the vocal."
On Come Vere the Band Ist Playing--"This is one of my favorites. For those carping cynics who will accuse me of conductor's prejudice, I have only this scathing rebuttal: 'Just because I write the lyrics and music, and lent my vocal talents to the recording, you are all jealous! This only shows you are incapable of recognizing good music!"
And, my favorite portion of the record, meant with absolutely no irony whatsoever:
Important Notice: This is a "New Orthophonic" High Fidelity recording, designed for the phonograph of today or tomorrow. Played on your present machine, it gives you the finest quality of reproduction. Played on a "Stereophonic" machine, it gives even more brilliant true-to-life fidelity. You can buy, without fear of obsolescence in the future.
I ran into Janice at Cast on Cottage on Saturday; just goes to show you what a small knitting world Atlanta has!

I know I said I'd be finished with Zillah but I am literally on my Very Last Row, and I will finish her on MARTA this afternoon and take pictures tonight. I had to gather and get out candy for the Candy Along, I sent out three RAOKs (and if anyone was wondering, I chose them at random), I was working on the pudding website and music for my quartet, and was at Dunwoody Yarn on Friday afternoon and Saturday, and I had to go to the Chanel counter at Dillard's, and have sushi for dinner on Saturday night, and watch some Aqua Teen Hunger Force reruns....Priorities, people!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

intense!

love,
jason mulgrew
internet quasi-celebrity

11:38 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Aqua Teen Hunger Force? Do you mean my husband isn't the only one obsessed with that? He's determined to pick up the dvd & force other "non-enlightned" friends to watch it with him. I'm just that way about Invader Zim, but I convert more people than him.

Come on over for dinner! Tonight's a rehash of previous nights. There are potstickers in the freezer, and more beef and mushrooms in the fridge.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home