Saturday, September 25, 2004

HELP! Au secours! Secorra!

I'm being overrun by dogs!

Have I mentioned that my mother currently has nine beagles? (She breeds and shows beagles.)

It's weird to go home again and find that the house has been completely redecorated, that the dogs you remembered and loved have died, and that the ones that are living have either gotten really old or are new puppies of ones who you remember as puppies.

The last thing I remember is taking this picture:

Sam is on the left, Ben is on the right. At the time of this picture, Sam was about two years old and Ben was about three months old. (Sam is not a show dog, but he showed in agility and obedience.)

Now, Sam is eleven and probably won't make his twelfth birthday, and Benny died a few months ago of cancer. The house seems to be missing something without him here, despite the huge number of other beagles.

But the two new puppies Mom kept from her two litters in May are very cute. I'll post pictures.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacqueline said...

God - reminds of when my mother-in-law had a Shelty breeding/showig business. It's hilarious to see so many dogs in one place.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home