Tuesday, September 21, 2004

migraine, day 3.

And it's only getting worse.

No, I can't go to the emergency room. They give you an injection filled with Imitrex. Which for some reason makes me have the worst migraines in the world. There are no other options. I tell them nothing in that class of drugs works, they give it to me anyway, I want to die.

Dawn (I cannot for the life of me find her blog, anybody know it? She's in RAOK and SSRP? She used the Alice Starmore I put in the SSRP start box) sent me a wonderful RAOK of a buttery yellow Jaeger soft something or other goodness. I stroked it against my cheek. Can you even buy Jaeger in Atlanta? It's marvelous. If I ever get over my migraine I will put up pictures of this and the Scrabble tile stitch marker.

Now I think I am leaving work early. Too much stress dealing with the interworkings of Federal agencies today. The Los Angeles Daily News recently reported that 53% of workers aged 16 and older are functionally illiterate. I believe they all work at the Federal Records Center.

7 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Is this the Dawn you're thinking about? http://knit.dawnie.com

I hope you get to feeling better!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I have a migraine after a while I just start to hope that my head will explode instead of just feeling like it will. Keep the faith it may go away today.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better!

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. There's been quite a few bloggers coping with migraines lately in the RAOK ring. Take care of yourself.
Ginny http://ginnfizz.blog-city.com

7:09 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Sorry for the migrane. I hope you feel better soon.

D

8:40 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

I get migraines too. I know the pain. People who don't know think we're wimps. They can eat my shorts.

I especially love when my husband hovers over me as I lie in bed with a cold cloth over my eyes, no lights on, not even wanting the cats near me because the purring hurts, and says "can I get you anything? do you want any water? do you want something to eat?...."

I want you to leave me the bleep alone so I can die in peace.

Hope you feel better soon. I will now leave you alone. ;)

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Rebecca-
Sorry to hear of your migraine.

I am glad to read that you got the yarn and liked it. I have been away on vacation so I did not realize that you were trying to track me down :)

By now you may have recieved the alpha box, I do hope that you found something that you liked. In any event, I hope that you consider the Jaeger a good exchange for the Starmore--I really enjoyed using the latter :)

Dawn
(I do not have a blog..email: delizabeth.mcneilAT verizonDOT net)

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home