Thursday, September 16, 2004

I've been RAOKed!

Twice!

First, let me explain something.

We get more mail at our house than any ten people combined ought to get. Since only two people live there, it makes the task of sorting the mail daunting. Not all of the mail is addressed to us. Aside from mail addressed to The Man Who Lives in the House and to his Corporation, and to me in my maiden name and my married name, we get mail to my mother-in-law in Virginia (who has never been to my house nor lived in Georgia), one of my brothers-in-law in Virginia (who has never even been to Georgia except through the airport), my late father (who had never even been further south than Virginia in his lifetime, and then only in 1962), my mother (who lives in New York), the previous owner, who was a vice-president with McDonald's and moved in a corporate relocation to Illinois and apparently never changed his address, the McDonald's Corporation (particularly mail relating to lawsuits involving the McDonald's Corporation), the previous owner's wife who apparently put on parties involving thousands of spongy red balls, based on the catalogs we get, and a mystery new person who was arrested shortly after we moved in as part of a nationwide identity-theft ring based in the Atlanta area, who used our mailing address because the house had been vacant and on the market for over a year.

The Man has therefore decided to take all of the mail and hoard it in his office until I sort it. However, he did not tell me he was doing this, and I thought we were just not getting any mail. So yesterday I discovered a teetering tower of mail, about three feet high, that had been piled up since last Friday, and in it I discovered a RAOK from Carolyn - a stitch marker made from a Scrabble tile. So cool! And it's the letter R! Can I say this is the very first non contrasting yarn, non-orange or green stitch marker I have ever had, despite my having been knitting for 23 years? I am so thrilled! I'll put pictures up tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

I had to laugh. It would be so shocking to find three feet of mail. Your mail sounds even more daunting then my parents. Five of us have the same first initial and last name, all of them super long.

Sorting is the fun part I hope you can wade through it soon. Happy knitting.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home