Friday, September 03, 2004

gloves!

I figured less talk, more do with the gloves was best, particularly since I was on deadline. So, I give you, a partially finished glove!
It's the most subtle color of Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino I've ever seen. You'd almost think it was one of the solids. I actually have all of the fingers finished now and am working on the thumb - yes, these are fingerless gloves. This picture was taken last night at 8:30 PM. After this comes...the second glove.

By the way, gloves are a tad slower to work on than socks.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jacqueline said...

That's some seriously sexy nailpolish.

The glove is pretty glorious itself and has inspired me to maybe give gloves a whirl.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Sexy nails, sexy gloves... I may have to cast on (and be reminded again of how UNsexy I am...)

1:48 PM  
Blogger itgirl said...

The nail polish is Essie's Lady Godiva. The Man Who Lives in the House will be pleased that others are appreciative of my nail polish. He has a serious nail fetish, one for long nails and colors such as these. The KPPPM is color #1010. The glove, which is my first attempt at such, is a simple K2, P2 rib on size 2.5 needles. And gloves aren't very hard. But I don't think any knitting is very hard, so don't take my word for it.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your gloves! And by the way--you have absolutely beautiful nails! I am a nail nibbler, and I can only dream that mine would ever look as good!

Ginny
http://ginnfizz.blog-city.com

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply glovely! Love the color, and if I had nails like yours, I'd make all my gloves fingerless :-)

very nice knitting!
lisa @ http://www.exit109.com/~lsyoung/blog

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home