Wednesday, February 02, 2005

turn off my internet now.

I haven't really bought yarn in awhile.

So it seems like I'm ripe to make one of those not really stash but let's plan a project that I won't really get to for oh say eight years but I'll buy the yarn ad the pattern now and stick it in one of my bins or chests or boxes and shove it in the guest bedroom or closet or library or somewhere else in my house where I'll forget about it.

I saw this just now and I'm oddly obsessed about it. I must make it. If I order the yarn now I won't make it right away.
So what do you think? Of course it's Mission Falls cotton. I've never knit with any Mission Falls. Yet another excuse to make it. It's simple. I have both a Jo Sharp and a Debbie Bliss fair isle sweater waiting for me. Yarn purchased. I have a Mountain Colors afghan kit waiting on me for a gift. I have two Charlottes. Any numbers of pairs of socks with some great sock patterns Janice has passed along to me. I have gloves galore to knit. I have a Phildar sweater to knit. I have a plum cardigan I have knit in 501 I need only to seam and sew on buttons. I knit the pieces up five years ago. I have an intarsia fish baby sweater. The list goes on and on and on.

Should I buy the yarn for this? I really want to. Do you think I should? Do you like it? Do you think I will?

[EDITED to add: I know Janice, I usually don't hotlink, for some reason the image wasn't showing up on Flickr even though I had uploaded it already. I was merely waiting for it to show up so I could change the source code. Thanks, though!]

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I've heard lots of different places that MF Cotton is being discontinued due to mill problems.

Based on that, if you want it, I'd order it now, just in case!

Jennifer
itisrocketscience.typepad.com

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy it! Really, do it. You won't be disappointed, the stuff is absolutely wonderful to knit with. And they are discontinuing it, so it's becoming hard to find, but a lot of places have it on sale because it's going away.

hollyo (at) beavercraft (dot) org

2:34 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

You're coming to DC??? Hmmm... I'll be in Atlanta then... everytime.

Okay, just kidding - we should meet up!!!

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's great! I love all the colors but it's up to you. I know I constantly fall in love with things and I wait a week or two, something new comes along to take it's place. So now I try not to buy unless I am going to knit it right away.

Allison
http://gumdrop.typepad.com/knitting/

8:26 PM  
Blogger Moze said...

Buy the yarn. You haven't done it for a while, and you know you want to. You're worth it!

Where did find this pattern? I must get it. My fickle 13 year old who never wants me to knit for her saw the picture and immediately said, "Mama, would you make that for me?"

Moze
http://mozemen.blogspot.com

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home