Sunday, January 16, 2005

it's been a long time coming.

Let me begin by reminding everyone of the mail situation at my house. Go ahead, read it now. I'll wait. Come right back.

One might think that The Man Who Lives in the House would have resolved this situation by now. Well, the truth is, he did come up for a solution to this situation. His solution was to have yours truly sort through all of the mail. Then it would be All My Fault and I Could Not Complain if the mail became a Teetering Tower of Mail. He has remained firmly resolute on this policy.

Despite my two broken ankles and bum right knee.

So, in preparation for the loonies (that link was for you, Rabbitch), I cleaned the house and found not just one, but two towers of mail in The Man's office to sort through, whereupon I found that the lovely, sweet, thoughtful, wonderful and kind Colette had, at some time in the past, nobody knows when, sent me a RAOK gift package. It contains green goddess soap, alphabet bubble bath, Lindt Lindor truffles, Yarnia lace weight mohair, clover bamboo knitting needles and a pattern for a lovely lace scarf to make using the mohair.

Thank you, Colette! I humbly apologize for not acknowledging the gift earlier, since I didn't know of its existence until just about....now.

I also found a wonderful card from Lisa which brightened my day. Lisa had some excellent yarn pictured on her card. Thank you, Lisa!

I have to give a big holiday bonus to the postman. He clearly deserves it.

I still have guests. I am doing this by sneak post and telling them I need to post about the RAOK. I can't post about them yet. Even though they don't know what a blog is.

Perhaps on Tuesday, from work, I can post about them.

From the job I am about to quit because I got the other job.

Everyone celebrate for me. And please, I need suggestions on my resignation letter. Maybe I should make it a contest. Post ideas / full text of letters / whatever in the comments. Most amusing or creative or down-to-earth or whatever will get....something. I'll figure out what. You have until Saturday, midnight.

For a refresher on my current job situation, read this. Throw in some complete incompetence on the part of current boss, lack of learning about the job or the project in the two and a half years he's been here, and the undermining of my authority in front of my employees. Think that sums it all up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

Congrats on the new job, sorry, can't help with resignation letter but nor burning bridges is always a good idea, so don't go Dallas on this, maybe.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

Dear Genitally-Incompetent Neanderthal:

Although the prospect of discussing your erectile dysfunction and/or the intimate details of your private life -- at taxpayer's expense -- has been one of the few reasons to chew through the restraints and come to work every morning for the past ___ (fill in number) years, I find myself in the difficult position of having to choose between being treated like a well-paid adult, or continuing to make myself available for your further abuse for an undetermined length of time.

Although the choice would seem obvious to any sane person with the smallest shred of self-respect, I find myself in the startling position of having made the opposite choice.

Therefore, my finaly day in your employ will be _____ (fill in date. I would like at this time to invite you to go fuck yourself, as comprehensively as your medical condition will allow. I would then appreciate it if you would bite your own ass, very very hard, my ass being unavailable to you for this purpose.

Sincerely,
She Who Does Not Want A Reference Letter

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home