Friday, October 29, 2004

broken?

So, my physical therapy has been going well. Yesterday my therapist, the awesome Mark, told me he thought next week would be my last week of PT. We discussed light up shoes and how we wanted to see them. The Man Who Lives in the House wants me to get some. I worked on employee performance reviews. I came back to work and typed up the review for the employee who wouldn't be at work today. I then gave her her review, a glowing review, I might add, which she proceeded to then argue about because the one very minor "needs improvement" aspect I put on there she took issue with, because apparently the "one time it happened" (it was several) it had only happened because I hadn't thanked her for going to a meeting.

I'm sorry, perhaps I am a bit clueless here. I know I have only just turned 30 years old, but I have been managing employees since I was 22 years old. Perhaps there was a paradigm shift sometime, the nature of which I was unaware. Please enlighten me if this is the case, because I will take full responsibility if I am wrong. I need your help here, all one of you loyal reader.

Compliments aside, am I supposed to thank someone constantly for DOING THEIR JOB? And if I don't, does that mean they get to treat their supervisor in a generally nasty manner and refuse to do another aspect of their job?

Please, let me know. Leave a response in the comments.

Ok, so after that, carpool buddy and I stopped at Sweetwater again and partook of the four beers for $5 deal. When I finally staggered home, I started to turn and realized I was going to twist my bad ankle, but I wisely managed to catch myself.

And caught myself wholly on my good ankle.

Which buckled under me.

And I think I broke it.

Have I mentioned that the name of my quartet is the Calamity Janes?

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Ye Gods. No, you don't need to thank someone for doing their job. (Unless it was a special meeting that she did something special at... which it doesn't sound like it was.)

Granted, after she took the minor critisism so badly, you probably want to have a quick conversation with your HR person - just to cover yourself. Not to "rat" on her, just to get what happened documented quickly and thoroughly - just in case.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home