Friday, October 15, 2004

feh.

Men.

Or specifically, TMWLITH.

Last weekend, whilst dealing with yet another migraine (hence my lack of blogging of late) and wishing for imminent death, he complained that I wasn't helping him with yardword (cleanup from Hurricanes Frances - or was it Francis? - and Ivan). This weekend I promised to assist him in his endeavors, despite the fact that a) I have to do my employee performance evaluations, and being that I am a Federal government contractor, I am not given an office space, and I like to not do these at work so I need to do them at home, and I have five direct reports so it takes some time to do them, in addition to which I have to do my own self-review for my boss, who won't read it anyweay because he is a loser who is wholly unqualified for his job and hates me because I make more money than he does even though I am far more qualified to do his job and I was promised his job two years ago and three other people on the contract are more qualified to do his job and we all have the prerequisite Master's in Library Science to even have his job which oh, by the way, he does not have, let alone a basic grasp of the English language, so how did he get his job anyway? But I digress; b) my quartet is learning three new songs and I need to make learning tapes for them, in addition to becoming familiar with all four parts, not just my own, and attempting to transcribe some of the music in a different key; c) The Man told me last night that his project is due on Monday and he will be working all weekend to complete it; and d) The Man told me last night he is signed up for a weekend Java Symposium, paid for by the large Baby Bell for which he is a consultant, which will take him away to an unspecified place (he hasn't looked up where yet) at an unspecified time (he doesn't know when it is) to take unspecified classes (he hasn't looked at the class offerings to figure out which classes to take yet).

So, who thinks I'll see The Man Who Lives in the House this weekend? Anyone? Bueller?

I'm still experiencing an Eve Dallas withdrawal (Thanks, Lioness, for agreeing with me that she kicks ass!) and I don't know what to do. I'm sure it'll be another year before the next book comes out. I did join booksfree.com, which is like Netflix for paperback books. They send you two at a time. It's been working out for me so far. I'm open to suggestions.

Oh, and The Man has hidden the camera recharger, so I can't post the RAOK pictures or the SSRP pictures or the pictures from upstate New York. This weekend.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

FrancEs (girl), FrancIs (boy). How do I know, my secret middle name is Frances - and I'm a girl (hee hee). we have division of labor at our house. I don't work in the yard, and the husband doesn't have to cook, wash dishes, or do the laundry. He voluntarily dusts and vacuums sometimes, but that's his choice.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

I'm afraid you're going to have to kill The Man.

After we kill yours, will you come here and help me kill mine? Then we can eat cheese and crackers and drink wine and knit in front of the fire ... the fire of all of his belongings that he leaves all over the damned house!

*koff* Ok, done now.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rebecca, Erica here! Did you get any of my emails? I did actually send you a candy contact at the beginning of the month, which makes me think maybe you're not getting my emails. Do you have another email address or something?

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

have you read Death on Demand (series) by Carolyn Hart, the Tuesday Next books (Eyre Affair) by Jaspar Fforde, Judge Deborah Knott (Bootlegger's daughter) by Margret Maron, Six of One by Rita Mae Brown, Murder with Peacocks by Donna Andrews or Shards of Honor by Louis Bujold? I like all of those and if you "rent" them it might be worth a try.

Karin

4:02 PM  
Blogger Lioness said...

Well, she DOES! :D

Dick Francis does it for me too. Oh, and Anne Perry, her thrillers really grab me and dump me in the middle of XIX century London. Who else? Faye and Jonathan Kellerman's books (thrillers too but v different styles), Marian Keyes, Patricia Cornwell (these aren't the romantic type. Come tot hink of it, neither are the Kellermans or D. francis - but he's such a sober and clever writer, plus i like that all his heroes are flawed). Apologies if you already knew them, I'm trying to help you find what to READ! (Have you tried the Harry Potters? I find them brilliant! THAT is my anguish, only 3 more and then - void)

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home