Tuesday, February 01, 2005

pictures?

We don't need no sticking pictures.

The Man Who Lives in the House has forevermore hidden the camera. I have no idea where it is. 'Tis gone forever. I really want to take a picture of the cashmere pepto-pink Aran scarf so you can all admire me on my superior cabling skills and stroke my ego. I shall start a craze of cable scarves. After all, nobody, but nobody was knitting gloves or fingerless gloves until I started the sex gloves and now they're everywhere. I'll take full credit even if nobody reads my blog. Of course, my gloves have actual fingers in them. And I have three fingers left on the second glove to finish them off. That would be approximately an hour or less left of knitting. But I digress...

Actually, I'm afraid that although I have the amount of yarn called for in the pattern, I am going to fall far short. What to do? Anybody live in DC who wants to go by Stitch DC and see if there's another skein left? Since my job is stuck in limbo...

Anyway, go see Janice's post from yesterday and see what happened with her contest-winning yarn.

Colette gave me some books! She's giving some away on her book blog. Go see if you're interested. Thanks, Colette!

Speaking of books, there's a new book called Who Murdered Chaucer? out. I look at it and think of my father, and it makes me sad to think of the waste. I found out last year on February 14th that Dad was terminally ill, and he's been gone for 7 months now. The holidays were difficult, and I don't think anybody really understood. I know The Man didn't, I know Crazy Lady and Rambo were very non-sympathetic, I'm not close to my brother, The Man's family, especially Enabling Alcoholic, were quite horrible, and my quartet were doing their own thing. I don't think I've ever felt so alone while surrounded by people before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home