Thursday, September 29, 2005

stop the world, i want to get off

Have you ever had like, twelve incredibly stressful things going on in your life at once? I'm so tempted to just give up. Not in a suicide way, mind you, but rather in a hole-up-and-pull-the-covers-over-my-head way.

The least stressful of these events is my friend's upcoming wedding, in which I am singing. This event takes place on Saturday. I believe I have gained too much weight to fit into my dress. The Man Who Lives in the House won't help me try on my dress to see if it still fits. He won't even try on his own suit, the fitting of which made us late for dinner with Trixie, Wawa and friends (although that was all Wawa's fault). The bridesmaid's dinner is tonight.

I got my hair extensions taken out, and my hair darkened and cut.

I am ignoring work phone calls today in favor of working on one project at work. I can only hope I get a tiny piece of it done before I drive to the middle of nowhere tonight for the dinner.

Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rabbitch said...

Glad to see you back, baby. I've missed you.

I think you need a care package to cheer you up. Either that or a clone that you can send to work while you lie about with me and drink and read Trixie Belden and knit ...

3:20 PM  
Blogger Lissette said...

I totally understand what you mean! Let's see, my life lately has consisted of:

*break-up with boyfriend
*acquire new boyfriend
*old boyfriend pissed off about new boyfriend, so is not trying to ruin both of our lives
*new boyfriends ex-wife is pissed off as well and had ganged up with ex-boyfriend
*moving to a new apartment
*start really hectic school schedule (if I were to tell you, you wouldn't believe me!)
*death of my grandfather (who I was really close to)
*my really cool car dying on me
*and last but not least, having to give up my two best friends...by dogs.

This all started in July and is just now starting to ease up. I'm ready for a vacation!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

What is going on ! I leave for a couple of days and everything seemed ok ... You had a nice dress, a fabulous shawl/wrap/scarf, a clean CLOSET, and hope for a new remote control. Did I miss something ?

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home