Thursday, August 11, 2005

ack! tagged!

Teach me to post before I read my comments. Stacey tagged me with this:

Idiosyncrasy Meme

id•i•o•syn•cra•sy - a structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.

Write down 5 of your own idiosyncrasies, then if you wish, tag 5 people.

Ok, here we go.

1. I am obsessed with cheeseburgers. Mmmm, cheeseburgers. The world's most perfect food. Makes me a bad Jew, I know, completely unkosher to eat meat and dairy in the same meal. I have a gourmet appetite, I grew up with two gourmet chefs, and I was hostessing complicated 10 course meal dinner parties at the age of six where we served moussaka and other complicated dishes, and my favorite food is...a cheeseburger. I could eat cheeseburgers at every meal.

2. My body does not regulate temperature. Not in the least. I am freezing cold, freezing, ice cold, and then whammo! I am roasting to death and nothing will ever cool me off again. Twenty minutes later, I'll be freezing again. I am always diametrically opposed to the temperature sensitivities of anyone else in the room, i.e. if I am freezing, The Man Who Lives in the House is roasting, and vice versa.

3. I count drinks. Even if I am drinking heavily, I always know exactly how many drinks I have had and how many drinks everyone else at the table has had. And surrounding tables. It's unconscious, the product of being a child of an alcoholic.

4. I dig really bad movies. Like the kind they used to show on USA Up All Night. Bruce Campbell is my idol. I can watch the same really bad movie multiple times. I have even seen Maid to Order so many times I can recite the Little Richard scenes. (And any movie that Little Richard appears in is, by definition, a bad movie.)

5. I am an utterly disorganized slob. Ask me to set up a new records management system for your files? No problem! Filing my own records? No way! My mail is always in piles all over the house, and I tend to forget about it and pay all of my bills late as a result. The Man says the house looks like Hurricane Rebecca went through it after I'm home for three days. My massive closet has more clothes on the floor than on hangers, and I don't even know which ones are clean or dirty anymore, so I periodically take everything to the dry cleaner for cleaning so I can start fresh. I am incapable of keeping myself organized.

Who to tag? Trixie who still loves Trixie Belden books, Micky who also loves Harley Quinn, and eyeleen, who feels the way I do about knitting with dog hair.

2 Comments:

Blogger Micky said...

Wow I have been tagged twice in two days. Do you think I ought to get my butt in gear and do some posts?
~
Thanks for coming by my place!
If I could make it to Atlanta, I would love to hang out with you. But since I can't, I will be there in spirit. And just so you know, my spirit loves Jose Cuervo. Lemons, no limes, please.
:)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

These points are all TRUE. Wow, you are so self-aware !! Kudos to Itgirl.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home