Friday, October 07, 2005

life sucks.

1. My toe is worse. The infection has spread. Some kind of strep. I am now on Cipro. My toe is purple. It fucking hurts like a mother fucker.

2. I tried, really, I tried. I tried to do the right thing. All I did was get someone else in trouble. This person didn't deserve to get in trouble. It is likely my fault, nonetheless. I am pretty sure this person hates me now. I try to be ethical, and even when something I want comes along, when I think the people are behaving unethically, I try to steer them in an ethical direction. In this case it had a benefit of doing something good for someone else. That someone else then got in trouble. I am sure it's my fault. I just stood out in the rain for 30 minutes in penance. All it did was get me wet and cold.

3 Comments:

Blogger Colette said...

Oh dear - i can so relate to both the toe and bad karma - please dry yourself off and give yourself a break - you did not try to get anyone in trouble, sometimes the universe just likes to screw with you. If it will make you feel better I will pick you up something at Rhinebeck - 'kay?

8:29 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

be careful with the cipro. it gave me the most horrifying gastrointestinal trouble (don't ask, lol), so the next time i was on antibiotics, they gave me something else instead.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am currently on Clyndamycin, or something like that, which would suggest to anyone who peeked at the bottle that I had some virulent STD when in reality I have a tooth abcess and need a root canal next Friday. You've had those, right? What am I in for?

Cipro was ok with me, had to take it for Salmonella years ago.

I got someone in trouble once. I had a glass of wine in a bar for $4, and then the next night went back and the same glass was $7. I really thought they were fucking me so I pitched a fit until I got my $4 glass, only realizing an hour later that either the bartender from the night before knew I worked next door and was just hooking me up or else was keeping the odd few dollars here and there, neither one of which would I have turned him in for, except after my tizz he probably got fired.

It was a Firestone merlot, because I know someone really cares about that.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home