Monday, February 13, 2006

as we taxi toward the runway with the smog and haze reminding me of how i feel

Today's post title for the super awesome incredibly wonderful kicks-ass Jess because she called me on the way to the airport to ask me if I was okay and because it's the Supersuckers.

I barely made it out of DC on Saturday afternoon. My flight was cancelled, as were a slew of other flights to Atlanta and elsewhere, due to weather in the northeast. So I thought, hey, I'll work on Eowyn, and I realized I fucking lost the first Eowyn I made. Did it fall out of my bag in the bar on Friday night? (Jess, that's one for you, it would be by the pinball machine, just a swatch of wide cabley-goodness in plummy-brown-black Kid Classic.) Did it fall out on the street? Is it still at work? Is it in my apartment? I don't know when I'll get back to DC again, because I might have to go sooner than expected, so I decided to start on Branching Out in lime green Kidsilk Haze.

And then I had to rip it out because I massively fucked it up. Throw out the knotted yarn, start again. Get two pattern repeats into it, realize a really bad fuckup, rip out what I can, throw out the knotted mess, start again. Get three pattern repeats into it, rip the casting on row in half when I'm just trying to take a look at it, rip out what I can, throw the knotted mess out, start again. So here was my progress as of yesterday evening at 5 PM
So that's four pattern repeats, and I did two more last night, so I have six, of what I think will end up being about thirty-six total, huh. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this scarf when it's done. I likely won't wear it. I guess I'll put it in a drawer until next holiday season and give it away? It would be pretty to display, but I have nowhere to display it.

I also worked on the endless loop of stockinette for the silk camisole I bitched about two weeks ago, and I am pretty much no closer to the necessary 14.5" before I start working back and forth with the v-neck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Utter sympathy on the endless frogging/trashing of Branching Out - it took me four hours to get past the fucking cast on of this weekend's project.

She is lovely, though. You should definitely gift her - it'd be a shame to keep her stuffed in a drawer.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Glad to see I'm in good company with the constant starting and frogging of knitting this weekend. I had the worst time of it. But *fingers crossed* I think I've got it now.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home