Thursday, February 02, 2006

seasons don't fear the reaper nor do the wind the sun or the rain

My knitting? Not satisfied with anything. Finishing the incredibly boring garter stitch double strand Koigu hat. This brings my collection of Koigu down to roughly 1,249 skanks, by the way. I do plan on frogging the Pluckyfluff, and when it falls apart I'll spit splice it, so I'll be okay. The silk camisole is on a timeout. The socks are on time outs. The sex gloves are still unfinished. Two fingers and a thumb to go.

And then I find out I might could (that be Southern speak for all y'all Yankees out there) apply for another job in my company, same group of people I work with now, doing something totally different. Do I do that, or keep my same job? (Imagine salary, travel requirements, etc. are the same for both.) I'd like both of them. Both are very different in tasks.

So, to cheer me up, crazycatladymel sent me a prize package with loads of goodies - sock patterns, a pattern for hemp washcloths and soap bags, some Nature Cotton, which reminded me that long ago I was part of the Nature Cotton-Along, and boy did I love knitting with that, and boy, do I get lime green cotton fuzz all over my black pants every time I wear that shell, but I love the way it feels when it's knit up, and this is in a great mustard color, and some beautiful stitch markers, and a cowbell. With the words "need more cowbell?" written on it. Which made me laugh because I had forgotten all about The Cowbell Project and that SNL skit with Christopher Walken. And now I have "Don't Fear the Reaper" in my head.

Edited to add:
And the only version of "Reaper" I seem to own is an acoustic extended version, sans cowbell. Irony? An opportunity for me to play my new cowbell along with the song?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you don't knit the cowbell onto a sweater.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

Thanks for the link.. I needed something to cheer me up tonight and that did it. Gotta have more cowbell!!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Call me with more on the job! If your job is going to be open - then I want it :)

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home