Wednesday, February 01, 2006

jump in the line rock your body in time somebody help me

So. I'm feeling rather "meh" about the sock I'm finishing for someone. I'm sick of working on the silk camisole from hell. And I was *drumroll* cleaning the other day, and I found this
and I realized that I made it over a year ago and I hated it. HATED IT. So I ripped it out, not an easy feat to do because a) that Pluckyfluff ("Eight Grade Science Project", but The Man Who Lives in the House says it reminds him of "Beetlejuice") is, in the purple parts, barely spun...fluff, and b) because I knit the thing with one strand of Jaeger something or other, maybe Albany, that Kitten Avec Whip gave me, and the end part when I ran out of Pluckyfluff was done with two strands of Noro Cash Iroha along with the Jaeger, and boy this was a massive pain in the ass to frog. But I did it and I started fingerless mitts, my own pattern, with it, and got this far
and then I realized this morning what I was thinking was wrong all along, that for the thumb gusset, duh, knit TWO rows between increases, not one, because look at what I have
yeah, that's right, a hugely wide and short gusset, and I'm not sure the Pluckyfluff with survive another frog. So I started on a hat for my nail lady, made with two strands of Koigu held together.

In times of trouble, pretend the problem doesn't exist and start something new.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mouse said...

Looks like the projects that I pull out and wonder what the heck I was thinking when I made them. I've got that song stuck in my head now.... aaaggghhhh!!!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But the Pluckyfluff is so pretty! I think you should give it one more go....

1:55 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Is a "gusset" a synonym for a codpiece?

If so, I like it!!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home