Thursday, January 26, 2006

it's a great big universe and we're all really puny we're just tiny little specks about the size of mickey rooney

I'm contemplating the sweater. Thanks for the yarn substitution suggestions and info on the Crochet Olympics and everything. I'm still kinda thinking that it would make my ginormous ass look even worse, sorta like those long sweater coat things from a few years back and I refused to get or make a single one because hey! giant blanket-type thing on my ass!

So, while I think, I put on my thinking socks.
Did I make them? No. Target. $1.99. Happy Bunny pajamas? Also Target. $5.78.

Why do the toes of my toe socks always wear out so quickly? Is it my huge, erm, toes?

Hopefully, by tomorrow I'll have wrested some Costa Rica pics from The Man Who Lives in the House so I can show them off.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never got a sweater coat, either. Every girl that wore one made me think she had the flu and didn't have time to change before she got to work. Definitely one of the most unattractive trends ever.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm...toe socks. I love toe socks. I love Target, too.

The toes on my toe socks wear out really quickly, too...so either it's a common thing, or I can comiserate with you on the huge toe issue. But I don't think I have huge toes, so I think it's the socks.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Freakin' cute socks!

About the toes wearing out, could it be because the socks are too small? Putting extra stress on the toe area.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

My husband has some sort of fear of toe socks and I'm forbidden from buying them.. that must be why I'm drawn to them in the most unnatural way. They look unbelievably comfortable - I may have to buy a pair and wear them when he's not here.. lol. I love the pjs too!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Sort of says, "Surrender, Dorothy!" and "Frenchie the Clown" at the same time.

In other words, I like 'em.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

It's not that your toes are big, it's the toe socks fault for being made for small-toed peoples.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

cute socks! I never got those. I don't like the feeling of anything between my toes, unless it is sand or grass. Also, I have long toes (thanks Dad) so the fabric probably isn't long enough in the toe area and it would most likely do a weird web thing. They look good on you though.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Love the pjs, but just reading the words "toe socks" makes me gag. I'm sure yours are very cute, but urk. FWIW, I do like the current blog colors.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

You are a hoot. I am not quite sure how I came to have your blog in my special blogs I like to read folder but tonight I ran across your blog again.

Definitely some funny stuff!

Ann

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home