Wednesday, January 11, 2006

i don't know just what it's all about but put on your red silk charmers and find out

So, I thought about trying to interpret for everyone last night's unspellcorrected paragraph, but I think the mystery is better.

And Christ on a broomstick, I have no clue what the mother fucking hell I was trying to say.

I did take the advice in the comments and after a nauseating bus and Metro ride to work, I grabbed a bottle of Gatorade and some hashbrowns and hash and I instantly felt better. I don't think I would have been as drunk or as hungover if I had any food or drink in my apartment or if I had, say, eaten last night. But non, je ne regrette rien.

I am the super-winningest chick ever today! So I won The King of All Remote Controls' contest with a work of short fiction I wrote at 1 AM (you'll have to go to his site to read it, and see my super-duper awesome prize that you all wish you had). And then I found out I was a runner-up in crazycatladymel's contest for worst gift ever for my entry on my entire Hannukah gift from my father when I was nine (a box of garbage bags and a jar of gerkhins). Hey, my brother got a box of Knorr's Hollandaise sauce, and he hates Hollandaise. And he was eleven.

I will not show off everything I purchased last night, but I will show one item.
Four skeins of Fiesta La Luz, 100% silk, in American Beauty. I will knit this next week.

Why next week?

Because, next week I shall be recreating this scene from three years ago next week:
Just replace the book with some yarn and knitting needles. I will likely not have Internet access, but I will have a guest blogger. You all need to be nice to her, and really, I'm doing this as a favor to her, letting her guest blog for me, because her birthday is on January 21st, and she's getting old and decrepit and one can't help but feel sorry for her, you know? My birthday gift to you, Rabbitch, is control of my blog for a week.

May you get drunk and have some rants.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

Did you know the Fiesta outlet is less than 5 miles from my front door?

Where is that beautiful place!? Have fun!!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

Oh FSM, just let me keep my decrepit bones going long enough to keep the blog up until you come back ...

Oh! I have an idea! A ~guest~ guest blogger.

You'll just have to wait and see who it is.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Micky said...

I hope you have a wonderful time. And who wouldn't with that gorgeous fiber slipping through your fingers?
:)

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home