Tuesday, January 10, 2006

white riot i wanna riot white riot a riot of my own

So Rambo sent me a skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky in snow white and requested a skull cap because he's too manly for Inky so I asked him if he wanted it just like Inky and he said no and he wanted it all "regular knit" with no ribbing whatsoever and I asked him if he wanted a rolled brim then and he said no and I tried to explain that I had to pick one or the other or another edging because Bulky is too thick to hem and he didn't get it so I finally said well I'm gonna do ribbing and this is what I came up with
I didn't know what to do at the top with my last few stitches so I kitchenered them like I do socks, does that sound super dicky or what? But I think it's okay.

5 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

i like it, but if he REALLY doesn't want ribbing, you could actually do a hem. i know it looks too bulky, but i've been doing hats on my knitting looms for afghans for afghans, and those take really bulky yarn, or 2 strands of worsted, and since i hate rolled hems (they tend to roll right off people's heads), i've been doing a hem, and they actually don't look too dorky. if you make it deep enough, it looks decent. i'll post pics tomorrow, and you can decide from there.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Looks good to me. Tell him not to be so picky - it's just a hat (and a very good looking one, at that.) heh

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a perfectly cute hat...it's not your fault if he has boring tastes.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Mmmmmm....the Clash!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I think that it looks great! Rambo will love it! He's wearing it at camp, right? not a fashion show? I think he'll look fine in it.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home