Friday, January 06, 2006

monsters having fun happy happy see them jump and run happy happy

So my Fiber Fairygodmother sent me an eCard with this picture on it
and isn't it the cutest and also simultaneously disturbing in the "I'm going to come to life at night and knife you to death in your bed!" thing you've ever seen? I am now compelled to have an army of knitted monsters marching about my desk in DC. Perhaps in different colors. What better way to use up scrap yarn? I see no pattern for it on the GGH website but I figure I can come up with something. They have more, too, here, but this is definitely the best one. His name is Fritz.

Thanks to my new inspiration to finish the eight year old plum cardigan for Rabbitch, I actually, er, finished it tonight while playing Paper Mario. Here's a close-up, pre-shitbuttsnatchugly seaming job:
And then I ran into a bit of a problem.

There are only six buttons.

There are seven buttonholes.

Considering I knit this between eight and six years ago, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this were entirely my fuckup. It likely is. But I doubt this store, if I even remember what store it was, has these really pretty Italian crystal buttons I bought for this sweater anymore. And I don't have enough of those extra buttons that come on my suits that match to make those work. I foresee a trip to Hobby Lobby in my future (as in tonight). Rabbitch? Now's the time to make any special requests for the buttons for your sweater. Non-Rabbitchs? Now's the time to make any suggestions for the buttons for Rabbitch's sweater.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rabbitch said...

I think we should let the fans decide. Either that or just assume I'll lose at least one, and leave the top one off.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about these or these?

12:06 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

The first whatever-it-is looks like something John Wayne Gacy would knit in the prison knitting workshop.

In other words, I LOVE IT!!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home