Wednesday, December 28, 2005

don't be a douche what would jesus do he'd say give the jew girl toys

And boy, did the Jew girl get toys. Well, knitting toys, in any case.

Inky was given to Rambo, who had already gone to the million dollar yarn store and gotten me a skein of white Lamb's Pride Bulky,which yarn I have never used before, and before I could think about dyeing it, something else I have never done before, he called me to tell me he had bought it with the express purpose of my making him a skull cap a la Inky, and that while he wears Inky around the house and stuff he can't wear it to camp because my brother told him it was bright purple and Rambo is colorblind and so won't wear it. So now I am making a white hat to match Inky.

Rambo and Crazy Lady also sent sock yarns and Lantern Moon needles, in sizes I didn't have. And books. I think it's awfully sweet that they went into a yarn store not knowing anything about knitting and bought me stuff I love. I'll take pictures when I either find my cell phone or charge my camera.

The Man Who Lives in the House got me a ruby tennis bracelet. If you knew what it was he almost got me, you'd agree with me that if I believed in hell, I'm going there. I will say this for those of you who knew what it was: if he does something like that again, for fuck's sake, talk him out of it!!!!! I was able to talk him out of it with a small tale that made him happy and didn't offend him any.

Jane is selling me some Manos, so I'm going to head to the Gwinnett stitchers group (I don't know the actual name) tonight at La Madeleine and hang out. I need to get out of this house, if only for a couple of hours.

6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

You know full well that you can't leave people in that kind of suspense. Spill it. What did you almost get?

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for good loot!

But I'm with Melissa...what gift disaster was almost perpetrated?

11:50 AM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

I get it!!!

The perfect Christmas gift for a Jewish girl who knits is knitting needles--'cause she can use them for chopsticks at the obligatory Chinese restaurant on Christmas Eve!!

Then, wash them off, and knit all Christmas Day!!

I would never give my ex-girlfriend a sharp pointy object, but if I meet one less psycho, I'm all over it.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yay for Rambo and Crazy Lady - they did good :-) I got a beautiful raw silk scarf with a purple velvet blazer! I have to send you a picture. What a surprise!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

Gwinnett stitchers group? hmm.. I'm going to have to find out about this - I've been dying to hang out with some other knitters. I've seen that cafe before (if its up off of Pleasant Hill Rd) but don't have a car to get there - plus it'd be weird for me to just show up uninvited.

I'm of two minds about the sock monkey.. they're sort of cute in a creepy way.

1:06 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

come on woman, dish! what was it? ruby tennis bracelets sound yummy, too. my SO got me a gc to my favorite LYS, and he fetched one for his folks too, so i've got 3! woot!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home