Thursday, December 22, 2005

when i want you in my arms when i want you with all your charms

Does anyone know anything about dream therapy? I have never really been obsessed with Clapotis, but I dreamt of Clapotis last night. I dreamt I knit her in some red Schaefer yarn I have in my stash. Hunh. Does this mean I have to knit that? Because Karida is WAY ahead of me in our Handknit Holidays Sugarplum sweater knitalong and I was mocked, yes, MOCKED, for being as far behind as I am *ahem still casting on*.

The Man Who Lives in the House has decided that Inky isn't right for him. Inky shall be regifted to Rambo, my stepfather who will likely either never wear it, much like the Aran sweater I knit him when I was 20 years old (was that 11 years ago?), or will wear it in the woods to look for Bambi. I have to make a Clyde, or perhaps a Sue, for The Man. Picky little fucker, isn't he? Can't be satisfied. The only thing he's ever liked that I knit him was a cozy for his wireless Apple mouse. He asked me to make it by telling me his exact specifications (he is an engineer, after all), and then said, "Oh, but that might be too difficult for you."

Yeah.

Last night my friends and I went to go to the Carnival of Death, otherwise called the Carn-EVIL, one of those amusement parks that pops up overnight in parking lots of strip malls. This one showed up in a random spot in Atlanta two days ago and we were excited to go. The chance of loss of life on the rides enhances the fun! We drove there and alas! 'Twas gone. So we ate Bangladeshi food instead. I know, you're thrilled, aren't you?

Ooh, I won Phyl's contest! And I get orange yarn!

6 Comments:

Blogger Zen Wizard said...

I don't know anything about dream therapy, but I would assume that the song, "DREAM WEAVER" by Gary Wright would be somewhere towards the top of the Knitters' Hit Parade.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep trying to knit for the Boyfriend, but he's just not interested. I suppose I should be grateful that he's not demanding, but it's frustrating. He totally supports my passion, but isn't too interested in the end result.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Shouldn't a knitter's boyfriend at least have to FAKE an interest in knitting, the way I have to watch "Sex and the City" and repeat the mantra, "No, those pants don't make you look fat"??

1:51 PM  
Blogger Cheryl:) said...

I thought I was the only one that hadn't knitted "clapotis" yet. I even have the yarn for it... some yummy Autumn House Farms stuff....
it's on the to-do list for 2006.
Thanks for commenting over at my blog!!! Glad you were there!!

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a dream in which I had sex with Alton from the food channel. I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean anything, and, if it does, I don't want to know.

2:22 AM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

ok, for some reason, i was unable to comment on today's post, so i'm doing it on yesterday's lol.

i have a solution toyour catalog problem. call harry and david back, and tell them that 1) you want to be removed from the mailing list and 2) you do not want them to rent his name. if you do this with all of them, eventually, those catalogs will stop. i work in mail order, and that is the only way you will stop it. hope that helps

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home