Tuesday, December 20, 2005

my feets keep movin and i don't wear any socks can't stop singin' head ting-a-lingin'

Ok, I sprayed the sock-in-progress with Febreze, stuffed it in a bag with a dryer sheet and some tea bags and smothered it with baking soda cat litter and stuck it outside in the cold north Georgia mountain air. If that doesn't do the trick, I give up. Thanks for all the advice. I'll let you know the prognosis.

While I'm waiting, I'm making a "lacy" (read: garter stitch on size 19 needles) scarf from some Be Sweet magic changey yarn in an all champagne color so it's striping where the yarn changes every few rows. This'll be for The Man Who Lives in the House's grandmother who's about 90 years old. I'm not even trying to get gifts done on time. They're New Year's gifts.

The General is gone and smoked some serious crack or something before he left on vacation for two weeks because for some portion of that he put me in charge (contact person in the office, anyway). Today was his first day out of the office. How much work of my own did I get done? Take a guess. Okay, it's rhetorical. None. Nada. Zippo the Hippo. This is the time people are supposed to be gone here! Nobody's supposed to be calling me! Let alone calling me with important questions! The fun was trying to explain to someone that no, I couldn't be at her office in five minutes, because I was in Atlanta, but yes, I still have a phone number a 202 area code (the joys of Vonage.) I gave up trying.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI! I'm headed to Alpharetta next week and would like your opinion on yarn shops. I always go over to Roswell to Cast On Cottage. Any other place I should check out?

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn looks really fun...I can't wait to see the scarf!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

The Archdiocese of Atlanta has informed me that if the aforementioned techniques are of no avail--they CAN, in fact, perform an exorcism on a sock.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home