Thursday, December 08, 2005

look around leaves are brown there's a patch of snow on the ground

I'm feeling rather depressed tonight, and I can't find the marvelous chocolates dragon knitter sent me that I left in DC. My roommate moved all of my food. The last time I came here, she had given all of my food to the homeless. Why didn't she give her food to the homeless? Because she's a rather insane health nut who only makes protein shakes with amino acid additives and organic honey stuff, whereas I eat normal food, like Coke and yogurt and spaghetti and chocolate.

Mmmmm, chocolate.

So, some people say I should make her buy me new food, because she gave all of my food away. But wouldn't that be rather churlish? I mean, it was a food drive for the homeless. We have a serious homeless problem in DC. Sure, it would have been nice to have been asked, but I probably would have given the food to the food drive guy myself anyway. I have enough money and I have shelter and clothing and it's not like I don't have a ghetto grocery store across the street from me, literally, where I can buy a new box of pasta and other assorted food items for mere dollars, whereas the homeless can't do that. I can bathe every day. 'Nuff said. I refuse to ask her for money or food to replace my food.

I had no idea where this post was going when I began it, but it somehow works with the "Hazy Shade of Winter" lyrics in the title.

Speaking of bathing every day, the guy who empties the garbage at work does not. Luckily, I am not in DC all the time. But by gosh and by golly, it would be nice if he bathed, say, once a year. There's another guy who empties garbage at work who smells overwhelmingly of baby powder.

And in boring clothing news, I went to Hecht's tonight and got a tuxedo suit to go with my (don't click on this link around other people if you might get into trouble) bustier . The suit ended up being on sale for less than the bustier, which, when I bought it, was less than the price now.

And still, more than the price of the food my roommate gave to the homeless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Asking about the food would have been nice.

That bustier is gonna look great on you - did you get it in that color? Smashing!

What's up with your Melody Shawl? I worked on mine for a few weeks - I was in no rush. But love the way it turned out! Give me a holla and we can chat about it.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home