Monday, December 05, 2005

somebody save me let your warm hands break right through me

Yeah, I know it's the theme song to "Smallville." You got a problem with the fact that I watch "Smallville"? Lex is totally hot.

Friday night I finished the fingerless mitts from Alterknits
right before I got a manicure so please excuse my nasty looking nails, here they are not on my hands
so I used ribbon from Judi and Co. which I think looks great but it's very thin so I used four lengths of it in each mitt, and it won't stay tied in a bow so finally today I double knotted it and let the ends trail and I'm happy with them. However, despite the pattern, I ended it with about one yard of Manos left. I love Manos, but boy was that pattern way the fuck off.

Now, for a comment/diatribe against Dunwoody Yarn.

For the past two Saturdays in a row, I have gone to Dunwoody Yarn, during the hours it was supposedly open, and it was closed. Is this a way to run a business? What the fuck?

I only went to buy specific yarn. I went because it was convenient. I went today with Trixie because the yarn I wanted to buy was on sale. I bought what I went to buy only and left.

But not before hitting the back of some guy in a BMW and now I have to pay to repaint the guy's back bumper for like $500 which just sucks ass but exemplifies my day which began with a trip to the doctor where I found out I have a sinus infection and I was put on a THIRD antibiotic and I feel like shit and I pulled a muscle in my shoulder but then Trixie and I went to Michael's where we bought buttons for the baby sweater I started and almost finished this weekend out of Lion Brand Microspun in bright red and handles for the purse I started making out of Noro Daria, has anyone ever knit with that stuff? It's so fucking weird and wiry. I had three skeins of it in my stash for two years so I thought a purse for...someone for Christmas would be not out of line.

Total avoidance of the second sock.

I leave for DC in the morning for two weeks. I haven't packed. My house is a mess. The cleaning people come tomorrow. I can't find my corset, which I was planning on wearing to my company's holiday party this weekend. It's snowing in DC and the cleaners don't have my winter jacket fixed yet. I worked for a total of three hours today.

Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Lex Luthor has the proud distinction of winning a coveted spot on my "White Guys Who Look Good with a Shaved Head"-list.

Only about 20 white guys on the planet can claim such an honor.

Reference:

http://222zenwizard.blogspot.com/2005_11_06_222zenwizard_archive.html

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home