Friday, December 02, 2005

oh can you see the state i'm in kiss it better kiss it better kiss that frog

The holes on my sock only showed up on one side, and not on the purl side. The purl side looks perfect and beautiful. But thanks for the thoughts. I'll just have to make the second sock and see what I did when I get to the heel and hope I don't do it again.

Once upon a time, about three years ago, I went a little crazy and I bought twelve balls of self striping sock yarn and decided to make myself a sweater in stockinette stitch on size 2 needles.
I got about 8 inches done and realized the folly of my ways and put it away thinking someday, I might pick it up again.

Hah.

I found out yesterday a friend from high school is expecting a first baby any day now and I found this pattern available for free from Knit Picks so I downloaded it and printed it and frogged the adult sweater to make a baby sweater.

And I got through the ribbing of the first sleeve (aka the gauge swatch) when my hands started hurting me from knitting with size 1 bamboo needles.

Why was I knitting with bamboo straight needles? Because when I went to my stash o' Addis, my bag for size 1s was empty. Please, tell me when I've used size 1 needles in the past. Because I haven't a fucking clue. You know why? BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER USED THEM. My size 1 Addis decided to have a party and morph into twenty sets of size 6 circulars overnight, but the next time I need size 6 needles, all I will have are size 3 needles and two sets of size 1 needles. It's a needle conspiracy, I'm telling you. Tell me this doesn't happen with your needles. I won't believe you.

So, I picked up this again, remember this?
and restarted the fingerless mitts and am almost done with the first one, knit in a smaller size, dead on gauge, but for some reason I am almost out of yarn with the exact amount of yarn I used to knit the bigger size, dead on gauge, a few weeks ago.

Maybe my yarn went to party with my size 1 needles.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zen Wizard said...

"Oh Say Can You See"??

I'm getting more, "Come to Jamaica and Feel Alright," or whatever their national anthem is.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Micky said...

They don't have a mind of their own. It's all the dolls. They get up while we are asleep and play with our knitting supplies. Have you got dolls who have pockets? You might want to check.
:)

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not me, is it?

But really, who is it?

Tell me which friend is having the baby, and I'll tell you which of your friends was most likely wiped out by Katrina.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home