Friday, December 23, 2005

you have to believe we are magic nothin' can stand in our way

By request, I am posting a picture of the Be Sweet Magic Ball scarf.
Yeah, Beans looks thrilled to be wearing it, doesn't he? Here's another one.
Okay, here's a picture that I hope shows off the changing yarn-ribbon-mohair nature.
I would buy this yarn again, maybe in a brighter color. I think I'd do something different on the ribbon parts, but I didn't want to do a drop stitch there. And I'm far too lazy to pull it out. This took me about two hour or so to complete, one ball of yarn, size 19 needles, 12 stitches, garter stitch all the way. It's quite lacy.

The sock is quite non-smelly now, so thanks zillions for your help.

Wow, gosh and golly, that sounded very Punky Brewster.

I wrapped and shipped all of the gifts that were finished. I think it's a miracle I made it before the shipping deadline. In the meantime, my brother sent me a huge box from Lush and a FedEx package addressed to "Beckface." It was fun to be on the phone with someone at work and have the doorbell ringing and have the FedEx guy say, "There's a delivery for a Beckface."

Beckface is what my father always called me. This reminded me that this will be my second holiday season with my father. Please, can someone tell me how to get those assholes Harry and David to stop fucking sending me the pre-filled in order catalog with what I always sent to my father every year, with his name and address already printed on the form? Because calling customer service does NOT work. Thanks for your goddamned sensitivity during the holidays to those whose loved ones died, Harry and David. Remind me to never order anything from you again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a neat scarf...how long did it end up being?

I'm sorry Harry and David are being a bunch of jackasses...want me to go beat them up for you?

11:30 AM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

What do you expect from a guy named, "Harry P. Ness"??

1:34 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

i just realized that was from olivia newton john. gag. oh well.

happy holidays, darling, and i hope you enjoyed the chocolate

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home