Friday, December 30, 2005

black coffee feelin' low as the ground

Yay! I finished the first of Crazy Lady's socks last night.
They needed to fit me since she and I have the same sized foot.
And you can see from my red walls why my pictures look red. In any case, I did an afterthought heel for the first time ever, which came out okay, considering I didn't know what I was doing.
This was one skein of Artyarns Supermerino and it's the first time I've made socks with worsted weight. I know it pooled, but I liked the pooling. I used size 6 needles, but someone I spoke with says she got no pooling with size 5s, so it's a deliberate effect. And I cast on for the second one to avoid SSS. I made up the pattern but it looks like you could do something similar with the sock pattern in Weekend Knitting.

I leave you today with this rather disturbing story about expensive coffee. I had to throw out the rest of my coffee after reading it. Fair warning.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sock is gorgeous...I like the pooling, too.

And I don't know about the Kopi Luwak, but the Jamaican Blue mentioned at the end of the article...worth every cent, and it hasn't even been through a civet's digestive system. Best coffee I've ever had.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

Nice sock.. can't wait to see how the other one "matches" it. As for the coffee.. EWWWW! So, in other words if someone were to say "hey, this coffee tastes like shit!!" they could say.. "why yes.. yes it does, and your PAYING for it too!".

1:03 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

You appear to have way too much time on your hands for a woman with a database to create ;-P

1:17 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

The sock is beautiful. The coffee...gross. Glad I drink Dunkin Donuts. Yes, Dunkin Donuts - I'm addicted. I think they put something in it because I don't like any other kind. I have never tried Jamaican Blue Mtn though.

4:07 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

nice sock. as for the rest. . . yeah, right.

i can't drink coffee it gives me heartburn and puts me to sleep

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The civet proceedure really does not bother me. I don't get spending that much on special coffee, mostly because i agree with Dunkin' Donuts person, I just don't need it, but hell, they're washed.

If I can drink wine stepped on by people having their babies in the field, I can drink something from a bean passed through a mammal.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

"Paging Doctor Shoal...(crackle--BLEEP!)...we have a foot emergency..."

1:53 PM  
Blogger --TBAS said...

sweeettt...fuck the coffee, happy new years, find someone to screw for 5 minutes,and..

nice socks...I want them.

thebaghdadalcoholsponge.blogspot.com

yea--shameless plug

its 30 min from newyears here in amsterdam--sweeeeett...much better than baghdad

5:30 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

A few years ago I got The Husband a t-shirt with the design found at http://www.ravensbrew.com/NewFiles/kopiluwak.htm (not animated, of course) on it. The looks he gets from people when he wears it are great.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home