Wednesday, January 04, 2006

if your sink is in trouble you can call us on the double we're faster than the others you'll be hooked on the brothers

A mixed bag of comments from yesterday. Let me say, I need no (more) enablers in my life. You were supposed to not point out that it was only "a little" intarsia. You were supposed to tell me that I was a wuss for dropping my resolutions so quickly. You who did not know who you are.

So in the comments yesterday, Jane suggested that instead of doing the Space Invaders bag in the cocksucking intarsia I could do the asselopecious duplicate stitch instead. Thanks for that, Jane. Because then I ran across this Super Mario 3 scarf done in the asselopecious duplicate stitch.

Although I played Super Mario 3 when it came out (I was in high school), it wasn't until college that we started a marathon of trying to win it. We were determined to win it before graduation (we started playing it halfway through the last semester of senior year). We stayed up all night the night before graduation to ensure that we would win that fucking game before we graduated.

So, on the one hand, I have the cocksucking intarsia, and on the other, I have the asselopecious duplicate stitch.

It's a nostalgic knitting nightmare.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rabbitch said...

You are clearly insane. Intarsia sucks cocks. I do not. And I think you should make that bag anyhow.

And yes, purple is good for a cardigan.

11:21 AM  
Blogger jenifleur said...

Christ on toast what a choice. I'll take cocksucking intarsia over asselopecious duplicate stitch any day of the week. However, I'm not the one who's going to be tearing my hair out shortly. (I'll be the one laughing maniacally in the corner.)

12:00 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Wait!! I need to calm down!

(Deep breaths...)

"Only an inlay pattern...only an inlay pattern...only an inlay pattern..."

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh...I mean, yeah, it's asstastic duplicate stitch, but...Super Mario Brothers 3! I'm frightened by how tempting that is.

On a vaguely related topic, have you ever seen this? Too cool.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I swear...all this uproar over a little intarsia. I really don't think doing intarsia is that bad, and I'm pretty sure I'm not out of my gourd.

Really, pass me the yarn and I'll knit the intarsia part for you and then jenifleur will have to just laugh at you for being a drunk. You're on your own with the asselopecious duplicate stitch.

And zen wizard - are you trying to not make much sense at all? Your comments leave me with a sense of "WTF"?

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home