Monday, January 23, 2006

this monkey's gone to heaven

I've said it before and I'll say it again: monkeys are just plain scary.

Yet somehow I managed to go to a country that is riddled by monkeys. In my area, it was black howler monkeys. These are the largest and the creepiest and scariest of all monkeys, ever. They emit a sound that is like King Kong on steroids. It sounds like your worst horror movie come to life. And they're like, twenty feet away from you, and throwing their shit at you, and you're walking through it, and it's nasty, and holy fuck, WHY THE FUCK ARE WE STOPPING TO LOOK AT THESE THINGS?

And here is where I put in my picture, only it's dark and fuzzy and now I need to search to see if I got any decent (hah!) pictures of the howlers monkeys. That ran across the roof at night keeping me up. All night.

Monkeys are not cute.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I think some of them are cute. From far away. Not the screaming, shit-throwing kind. And certainly not the screaming, shit-throwing kind when they're throwing the shit AT you and are close enough to succeed. Ack!!!

3:40 PM  
Blogger fledchen said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks monkeys are creepy/scary. I don't like chimpanzees either.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Thank GAWD I'm not the only one who doesn't like monkeys. They're not cute (well, except baby ones, but that because baby anything is cute), they're not funny, they're just icky.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Dude. Monkeys are too cute.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

Monkeys are evil and wrong. I'm glad to see your stint in the pokey didn't change your opinion.

*smootch*

5:53 PM  
Blogger jenifleur said...

That's why I like monkeys. We share a general view of people, me and monkeys. It's only the threat of jail time and/or mood altering drugs that keeps me from throwing my shit at people.

Nothing keeps me from screaming.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Cheryl:) said...

I personally hate monkeys.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home