Friday, January 27, 2006

we know you they know me extrasensory synchronicity

So yesterday I got this card in the mail from my Fiber Godmother
AND I got a package from kpixie, also from my Fiber Godmother, containing this
So great! Hemp for Knitting in avocado. I love odd shades of green. Thank you! Now I have to plan what to do with my hemp...

I don't know about the crochet sweater. I think I'll fuck it up massively. And then I'll be stuck with way too much ribbon/tape stuff. And I'm getting to the end of my rope on the silk camisole from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Six to eight hours? Hah! I've been working on it for twenty and I don't even have my required 14" for the decreases for the armholes yet. Stockinette stitch in the round. Usually I'll have had a few pairs of socks completed by now. And I am NOT a slow knitter.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mouse said...

Last Minute Knitted Gifts is such a joke. Yeah, there are nice patterns- but there are so many errors in it that its pathetic, and you can't complete anything in the time they tell you. Its a nasty joke on knitters I tell you!!

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hemp yarn is a great color! How does it feel?

1:29 PM  
Blogger laura said...

I've made the child's placket neck pullover (also in the 4 - 6 hours section) from last minute knitted gifts several times. Last time I timed it; it took 22 hours. I don't know if those suggested times serve any purpose other than making people feel inadequate and frustrated.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

I think she meant, "Happy Next Christmas; and Merry Chinese New Year..."

The Smithsonian might be interested in that card, also, since I don't think they have made Lucky Strike for about 20 years.

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it's a pity the card took so long to arrive! But I'm glad both the card and the package have arrived safely. You must report on what the hemp feels and knits like!

I already have some great stuff for your next package, hope you like it!

FG

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home