Sunday, February 05, 2006

no matter what weapons you use a ninja will never die

I am so productive.

First, I finished the pluckyfluff mitts. They are fabulous in their green and purple stripiness, if I say so myself. I'll take a picture, I promise.

Second, I finished the second one of these socks. While seeing Brokeback Mountain. I will say, it's difficult to k2tog when you're in the dark in a movie theater.

I'm now on some cabled gauntlety thingies from Rowan thirtysomething. And I'm doing quite well with them.

So, all y'all are babbling about knitting podcasts, and I have to say, I haven't subscribed yet. Because I listen to The Onion's daily podcast (about two mintues long) and I watch Diggnation because I miss Kevin and Alex on The Screensavers and Kevin Rose even has his own Adagio tea sampler and Kevin and Alex do drink beer on each episode and I listen to TWiT because I would leave The Man for Leo LaPorte. And The Man knows it. And I really miss Leo and Patrick on The Screensavers.

That said, I discovered a new podcast this weekend: Ask a Ninja. It's worth watching for the opening song alone. (And it's available from iTunes, the podcast is, and you do not need to own an iPod for it.)

Edited to add:
Please tell me I am not the only extremely geeky chick out there.

10 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I saw Brokeback Mountain on Friday night--what did you think?

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not the only extremely geeky chick out here. Promise. Though my geek goes to gaming, book history, and sea creatures rather than podcasting, but hey, it takes all kinds. :)

11:02 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I love podcasts. In addition to the knitting ones, I get NPR's Story of the Day and a really good show called War News Radio produced by Swarthmore College students. It is outstanding.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

No, you aren't the only extremely geeky chick out there. I think I qualified when I bought a rather pricey Palm Pilot solely for my knitting. Yeah, that makes me pretty darn geeky too!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

I own the complete four seasons of Farscape. Soooooo geeky.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

me=geeky chica too

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you're the only extremely geeky chic out there.

Wait...I'm a bloody liar. Nevermind.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

You are not the only geeky chick out there, but you all should probably get endangered species classification and protection nonetheless.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

I'm a geek and a chic, but I'm not so sure about extreme. What's your definition of extreme?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

I knitted a "jayne hat" from Firefly.. that pretty cements my status as a geek. You're definitely not alone!!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home