Thursday, February 10, 2005

because I'm an ultra-geek...

and I'm an information professional (technically, not working as an archivist or a librarian at the moment, but as a records manager, which is not respected at all in the field, but I always choose the hard road), I found this article quite interesting, especially as it deals with blogging. I have never heard of a company requiring blogging as a job requirement but I can see it, I guess. As someone interested in electronic records management, I find preserving blogs interesting as well. We're going to lose our blogs, the way we've lost the early years of the Web and early video games and early personal computers. I shudder at it all while I acknowledge that nothing can be done and in all likelihood nothing should be done but I wish we could take a snapshot, now. I tell people I used to MUD and use Gopher and WAIS and people have no idea what I'm talking about. And I can't explain the obsession of sitting for hours at a dumb terminal just wandering about on the Internet which was not the World Wide Web.

The Maude tank and shrug...Ram Wools doesn't have all of the colors of Mission Falls cotton but I've asked them to send what they have. That way I can search for other vendors who may have the missing colors. Good idea? Thoughts?

I had to order another hank of the cashmere, as the three wasn't going to cut it. Another reason to hate the Vogue Knitting On the Go Scarves Two book. Incorrect yardage determination.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

If it helps any, I still MUD, and I spent a LONG time the other day explaining to one of my high school students that no, the computer wasn't broken. This is DOS. No, not black screen of death. *sighs*
There are more of us out there...people who remember BASIC before it was Visual and even *giggle* "the turtle" in LOGO.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Village Yarn & Tea in Shoreline, WA [(206) 361-7256] has some Mission Falls 1824 on sale, maybe also check Camilla Valley Farm in Canada - they had a lot of their stuff at one point.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home