Saturday, March 12, 2005

sorry no news...

of the knitting kind.

Work has been, well, work.

Actually, more has gone on than just that, but I can't discuss here. In the words of the immortal bard, Darryl Hall, "Private eyes are watching you / They see your every move..." (that quote is dedicated to Ice Cream Jonsey)

I do have a problem wherein The Man Who Lives in the House seems to not give a flying fuck whether I live or die.

He hasn't called, written, or emailed since I've been here, or responded to my calls, emails, or letters.

He's IMed me only to inquire about paint colors. And he's IMed me ten times to ask the same questions.

He screamed at me because I wasn't magically online one night to IM him, after five nights of his ignoring me, because he wanted to discuss paint colors that night. He apparently waited for me for over seven hours. Could he have emailed me to set up a time beforehand? Could he have called? I had no idea he wanted to chat. Is there something wrong with calling and spending a whole dollar on long distance charges every once in awhile when one's wife is out of town for two months?

I alone could call the contractor to discuss paint colors, which I did yesterday, and everything was worked out, but again tonight, he wanted to discuss paint colors. And only paint colors.

Has he, in two weeks of my brand new job in a brand new city, asked me about how my new job is going?

No.

Has he, in two weeks away, said he misses me, he loves me, or just in general wanted to talk about anything other than paint colors?

No.

When I brought up the matter tonight, did he even want to discuss it?

No. His response was, "Whatever."

He then just screamed at me that I was a "fucking cunt bitch" and that he never wanted to see me again.

I think I need to reevaluate my marriage.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

I don't know, but it seems to me your husband is sending you a message loud and clear. A reevaluation certainly does seem in order.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

OMG Rebecca - I'm so sorry. Girl, I'm only 2 hours away in Richmond - Just holler if you need me.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I was going to make you and rabbitch little voodoo dolls of each other as a prank/RAOK (one with a cabling needle through it's nose) ... would you like one of your husband instead?

1:30 AM  
Blogger Colette said...

I don't really know you, so I don't want to get all in you business and offer advise - I just wanted to say that I hope everything works out in the way that is best for You.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

A friend will listen when you have troubles.

A true friend will help you hide the bodies.

I have a shovel. Send me a plane ticket, baby.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

That sucks! Reevaluation is clearly in order. Sorry that this is happening.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Out. Get out. Run, don't walk. Those words, said ever, show a fundamental lack of respect and a tendency towards violence. Rabbitch and Hockey Mom can help you with bodies, and I'll get all three of you across the border to hide.

10:58 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Ouch! No matter what decisions you make, we knitbloggers are here for support ... keep us up to date, and I'll send some good karma your way! Take care of yourself. Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home