Monday, March 07, 2005

ummmmmm.......

First, thanks to Jane for finding me my orange yarn! Props to her, everyone. The cable cashmere should be done soon and I needed that for my next project.

Second, The Man Who Lives in the House is seemingly useless without my existence. He cannot pick out the paint color for the hallway without me and he cannot keep Beans, a seven year old indoor cat for his entire life, inside the house. He escaped three times last week, my first week gone for eight weeks. Will he survive? Should I care? I'm actually really annoyed at him.

So I really worked overtime my first week of work, as mentioned last week. Now I am burning my eyes out reading documentation.

It's surprisingly relaxing compared tot he stress of avoiding Napoleon in Atlanta.

And it's interesting to go to work and see the Washington Monument outside.

Housemate has a friend on town for the week researching to the National Archives and he came to get me at work today, and we walked down to the archives and saw the Constitution. I'm probably the only person in the world who can get excited over an original Order to Show Cause for Marbury v. Madison.

I asked the security guard for the Declaration of Independence how many times he had to tell tourists not to use the flash on their cameras when taking pictures. "Only about a thousand times a day," he laughed.

Also in movie news, I finally saw Supersize Me (I know, I'm the last one to see it) and am watching the classic Brian Bosworth film Stone Cold, dubbed in Spanish (Duro y Frio Como un Iceburg), on Telemundo. It improves the plot to not really know what's going on.

Pictures when I can get them...

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Um - I haven't seen SuperSize yet. So, you weren't the last.

I love DC and am so jealous that you're there right now. If I didn't have kids, I'd be living there without a doubt! Enjoy the city for me!

1:42 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

I haven't seen Supersize Me yet, either. I love Washington - be sure to check out the Hirshorn Museum of Modern Art. BTW, the yarn will be in the mail tomorrow.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

yet another person that has not seen SuperSize Me either! Not surprising as I don't get out much!

I have never been to DC. You are very lucky to be there. Glad that you are liking the new job. Nice to get away from dictators.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home