Tuesday, May 31, 2005

bad blogger, me

Oh well. Life is so weird sometimes. And it can prevent one from blogging away to one's heart's content.

It's a strange and new dynamic to work remotely. And just when I think I've gotten a feel for it, I go back to DC next week. I have two doctor's appointments for my elbow, two weeks apart, so it just made sense to go back, not for the agreed-upon one week, but for 2.5 weeks.

At least I get to stay in town for The Man Who Lives in the House's birthday this Sunday. He'll be the ripe-old age of 32.

Speaking of which, what the fuck should I get him for his birthday? He is so fucking difficult to shop for. He wants a lamp. Some clamp-on magnifying lamp for the "someday" when he actually gets his office set up as a workshop. Said lamp costs $30 at Office Depot. Woo hoo. I am going all out for him this year.

Once I got him an Atari 2600, mint in box, with 50 games. Which, by the way, he's about to sell. Anyone want it? I don't have the box anymore, unfortunately; it got wrecked when we moved from our puny apartment to our house.

Now that I'm soliciting gift ideas, Saturday is my friend's 27th birthday party. She's having an 80s Skate-or-Die party. Everyone must dress in 80s clothes (of any type) or be gagged with a spoon. Should I attempt to roller skate now that my elbow is getting better?

I think so, too.

I don't know what to get her, and I need to bring a cake, 80s-themed. Thoughts? The Man and I looked for Smurfs figures but alas, found none.

Last night saw us going to Mango Salsa's place (she doesn't have a blog yet, but we're working on her!) for a Puerto Rican dinner party with Trixie and WaWa. The Man and I brought flan and key lime pie. I made caramel sauce for the flan which made a giant mess in the kitchen for The Man to clean up. He does all of the dishes around here. The food was great, the company better, and The Man was actually social, sort of! We meet WaWa and Mango Salsa and her husband and daughter tonight for $1 sushi night while Trixie is in DC.

Heide sent me a wonderful package of pixy sticks, bath fizzies, and a cucumber eye mask. You rock, Heide! I'll take pictures when blah blah blah. No, seriously, pictures will be coming. Sometime.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a cake with the JEM logo on it! Or was I the only dorky one to ever watch Jem and the Holograms?

11:01 AM  
Blogger froggiemeanie said...

Why not try a Care Bears or Strawberry Shortcake cake. They are both making a comeback and it might be possible to set yourself up with a pan.

Speaking of the 80s....that Atari is tempting!

Renee

12:11 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

I'm so glad you got the package! I wasn't sure where you'd be and when, so I was afraid you might now get it for a while... Glad you like the goodies. Pixie stix are highly medicinal, doncha know. I think they're used in homeopathic medicines specifically to support healing elbows. So, enjoy!

And I second the Strawberry Shortcake or Care Bears suggestion. Those are both back now, so there's *plenty* of stuff available at party stores.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's make it nearly unanimous--Strawberry Shortcake or CareBears. Although I, too, loved Jem!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Zardra said...

I vote for Strawberry Shortcake or Rainbow Bright. :)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Yes, you can get Strawberry Shortcake or Care Bears but Rainbow Bright might be more of a challenge.

Miami Vice would be good too.

If you want to borrow Converse All Stars, I still have a nice pair of high tops.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

What are you doing for Man in the House's birthday ?????? Besides recovering from skating injuries ?

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home