Wednesday, May 04, 2005

put on a pawn show


Oh Jesus, here I am again, slaving over a hot computer while some selfish bitch (whose name I won't mention but her initials are Rebecca) makes plans to go off to Maryland Sheep and Wool Orgy or whatever they're calling that thingie I don't get to go to.

Although I'm not bitter.

So today, I'm driving along and I'm listening to the radio, and all of a sudden Sheryl Crow is singing:

"I’ve been long, a long way from here
Put on a poncho, played for mosquitos,
And drank ’til I was thirsty again"

And I suddenly realized that she was singing "put on a poncho". Put. On. A. Fucking. Poncho.

I've been trying to figure out what a "pawn show" was for years now. The original release was in 1996. I'm sort of thinking that at some point in the last nine years I should have figured that out, rather than spending all of my time imagining some sort of perverse Punch and Judy Show, with unclaimed pawn items instead of puppets.

Fortunately it would appear that I'm not the only idiot in the village. Go meet the rest of 'em Kiss This Guy dot com.

Mine's nowhere near the worst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home