Wednesday, April 13, 2005

read or die!

Before I left for DC, The Man Who Lives in the House, an avowed anime freak, began watching an odd new show. This one was called ROD, short for Read or Die. It featured these highly annoying little girls who walked around asking people, "Do you read books? What books do you read?" While I would sit in bed knitting and, ironically, reading, The Man would watch this show about reading girls. The other night, while we were talking he told me the story line had escalated to the point where the girls began to fight when someone named Mr. Gentleman disappeared when the British Library burned down.

I know, it sounds improbable and really, really, incredibly boring, doesn't it? You can read all about it here. The library begins at episode number 14.

I went last night to investigate a room to let in a fairly nice area. Although it looks like I have a place to stay with Trixie and Wa Wa from April through May, I will need someplace to stay when I come up afterwards and I wanted to see what the area looked like. The room didn't cost much although I wasn't overly interested in it. So there were three other roommates and the woman who was moving out. Only the woman moving out paid me any attention whatsoever. One other person there received the same treatment. Another person was being fawned over by the other three roommates. The other ignoree and I left at the same time and discussed getting our own apartment somewhere else for about the cost I was looking into getting a place in the first place. She and I got along very well and she's going to email me today after she calls around and gets prices and locations.

On the plus side, the contractors who massively fucked up my hallway in Georgia sent out someone who is fixing it, apparently well, and my floor and carpet are also to be fixed up. Things are looking up. The Man seems to be happy these days. We'll give it a shot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a friend in Adams Morgan that has a bedroom available for the month of May. Let me know if you want more information.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home