Wednesday, March 30, 2005

take back your minx, take back your purls

Alright, Kathy, you're on.

1. Why aren't you in the Librarians and Archivists Who Knit Ring? Do you think you're somehow better than we are? Are you against me personally being in the ring because I prefer cataloging to reference and you're a reference librarian? Do you hold yourself higher than me because I am also an archivist and I am currently working as a records manager? Do you have a problem with my triple threatedness?

2. Speaking of reference librarianship, I once had to do time as one and I liked to perform my duties wearing a strapless ballgown and silver combat boots. This ensemble was particularly enjoyable on Sundays during exam week. I often smuggled in a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream to wile away the hours at the desk. What do you like to do for fun during high stress library weeks at the reference desk?

3. My job only requires me to be in DC through the end of April, and then will have me traveling back to DC once a month. How can I talk my boss into requiring me to be back here less than a week after I leave so I, too, can attend the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival?

4. I, too, share your elevator peeve, about letting people get out of the elevator (or public transportation train car) before attempting to board. Do you not also have a peeve about escalators? It's stand right, walk left, people! Am I the only person who feels this way?

5. What do you do with a boss who doesn't know how to use Google? I had one of those, once (Napoleon). Just one more reason to share in the disrespect.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zarzuela said...

Woo hoo! Let's hear it for catalogers! :) *Couldn't resist* Love your blog!

Jessica
http://zarzuela.blogspot.com

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did I get myself into?? I hope to have a busy afternoon (not cataloguing) so the answers are up!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home